Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Record Keeping Software for Mac??
KEG123 06:56 PM 11-21-2010
Okay so I was lurking through a bunch of threads and saw that a lot of people use Minute Menu. Well I went to DL the trial and I overlooked that in order to use it on Mac you have to use virtual pc. I've used VPC before but didn't like it, so it's not something I'm willing to try.

So, anyone have a program they use on a mac?
kidkair 07:26 AM 11-22-2010
I use Minute Menu on my mac through a program called cross over. It works really well for me. I also needed Adobe downloaded through cross over for the forms to work. The only thing that doesn't work smoothly is printing forms. To print forms I have to save the form to my mac desktop and then open it with a mac program to print.
KEG123 09:04 AM 11-22-2010
well maybe you can help me with crossover. When I downloaded minute menu, cross over popped up and I have no idea what it is or how to use it. Any tips?
laundrymom 09:26 AM 11-22-2010
dont know how to help,.. but I wanted to add,.. IM GREEN WITH ENVY because you have a mac!!! lol
tymaboy 09:29 AM 11-22-2010
I do not use Min Menu but I do use MacFreelance to keep track of my hours & the kids hours, payment & it also will run reports/invoices. It makes the end of yr easy.
KEG123 09:30 AM 11-22-2010
I'll have to look into that one, too. Thanks.
MG&Lsmom 10:46 AM 11-22-2010
I am so glad you posted this because I was getting so excited about MMK but also overlooked that it doesn't work with Macs. I'd like to hear how people are getting it to work too.
kidkair 11:29 AM 11-22-2010
Well I had my husband set it up and he doesn't remember exactly what he did. I think he opened crossover and under the configure tab he went to install program or that just popped up when he downloaded MMK. After he installed it, all I had to do is click on the MMK icon and crossover automatically pops up and loaded MMK. I recently tried to get another program for windows to do this but it wouldn't. Instead I have to click on manage bottles under the configure tab. Then on Advanced and open drive c in finder. Then I had to go through a bunch of folders to find the program. I honestly haven't played with it much myself and my husband doesn't remember exactly what he did in order to give you a step by step. He said he looked up crossover directions and followed them.
KEG123 11:41 AM 11-22-2010
OK I'll try that.... fx!
KEG123 04:37 PM 11-22-2010
Whatever I did, I got it to work.... now just to see if I like it.
TomCopeland 06:43 PM 11-24-2010
I use a Mac but I bought Windows for Mac and that software allows me to run Minute Menu. I previously used Virtual PC but didn't like it.
KEG123 05:55 AM 11-26-2010
Thanks, Tom. I did get it to work somehow with the crossover program. It seems to work pretty well. And yeah, Virtual PC was way too slow for my liking. Nothing like running an operating system within an operating system.
Unregistered 05:03 PM 01-03-2011
I downloaded crossover and now I am wondering if I also need to buy Windows so I can run minute menu.
MG&Lsmom 04:41 AM 02-05-2011
I'm bumping this up to hopefully get some answers. In MA our food program uses MMK online through Internet Explorer to do online submissions. Since I have a Mac, I can't do this correct? It seems as though you all are able to use crossover to get to the other stuff, but not online reporting? The hard drive just crashed and my Mac is at Apple getting reborn, so if I need something added now is the time to just have them do it and not look at the charge going on my Amex.....

DH does have a laptop through work but our food program rules state we must log attendance at meals online during the meal. As in we have to log onto the internet and click attendance as the kids are eating. I asked her if I could do it at night when he came home and she said no. They will be looking at data input dates to validate claims.
KEG123 05:17 AM 02-05-2011
I dont check into this thread often, but if you're having troubles with you mac you can PM me and I can try to help. You really do not need to buy windows, I always found bootcamp and/or parallels and/or virtual pc to be a pain in the butt. Crossover allows you to run JUST the program instead of the whole windows operating system.
Unregistered 12:54 PM 01-11-2012
Minute Menu needs to come up with software for both the mac and pc!!! I don't want windows OS on my Mac just to use their software.
Tags:apple, mac, minute menu kids, record keeping
Reply Up