Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Time in the Pool
DaveA 02:23 PM 05-25-2016
No not the DCKs. But every spring we put a kiddie pool in the duck/chicken pen and leave it in till winter. We just filled it up and the kids haven't left the fence in 20 minutes watching.
image.jpg
Animals & kids are both having time of their lives right now.
Attached:
Blackcat31 02:34 PM 05-25-2016
Originally Posted by DaveA:
No not the DCKs. But every spring we put a kiddie pool in the duck/chicken pen and leave it in till winter. We just filled it up and the kids haven't left the fence in 20 minutes watching.
Attachment 3787
Animals & kids are both having time of their lives right now.
Oh for cute!!!!!

I keep trying to talk my DH into ducks for pets and chickens for bug control but we live in the woods..

We have ducks that live in the wild life pond but I don't get to pet them since they are wild and having chickens would probably invite a few less than welcome predators into the yard so.....

But I LOVE that you have ducks and the DCK's get to watch them!! That is so awesome!!
spud912 02:42 PM 05-25-2016
I bet they love it!!
Maggie 03:44 PM 05-25-2016
My neighbors have ducks and chickens and man it seems like a lot of work.
DaveA 04:29 PM 05-25-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oh for cute!!!!!

I keep trying to talk my DH into ducks for pets and chickens for bug control but we live in the woods..

We have ducks that live in the wild life pond but I don't get to pet them since they are wild and having chickens would probably invite a few less than welcome predators into the yard so.....

But I LOVE that you have ducks and the DCK's get to watch them!! That is so awesome!!
Have you ever thought about a chicken tractor? It's basically a mobile house & enclosed open air run. You can let them out when you're outside then put them up & secure. I used one before we built the pen.

Originally Posted by Maggie:
My neighbors have ducks and chickens and man it seems like a lot of work.
Not really if you set it up right. 5 minutes or so a day to change water, check for eggs, & top off feed. Once a week clean pool, and 3-4 times a year change bedding in coop.

I want to add a couple Royal Palm Turkeys but I'm pretty sure DW would KILL ME if I did. Plus I'd have to enlarge the coop door and there's a small chance of the turkeys developing a fatal disease called blackhead from the chickens.
Tags:birds, cute
Reply Up