Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with 2 Year Old - Anxiety?
sahm1225 11:57 AM 01-31-2020
I have a 2 1/2 year old dcg that chews her shirt, struggles with any transitions, and is starting to get aggressive (hitting & pushing) when not getting her way. Recently, I found a big wad of string in her poop and told parents. Today, I pulled about 3-4 long pieces strings that she had removed from her shirt during nap and was chewing on.
Dcg needs something to chew constantly so she has a chewing necklace and will chew it that aggressively when she’s struggling.

I give notices between transitions and it’s not helping. During nap, I’ve started to remove her shirt but now she’s chewing on the blanket In her sleep. She shoves and hits when she’s struggling with something and the other toddlers accomplished it (like putting on their shoes). She won’t even try to do things, just gets frustrated looking at it and shoves the nearest person who accomplished it. This is even with things she knows how to do (like sit in her seat for meals).

Any tips or ideas to try? Could a child this young have anxiety and how do we help if they do?
Ariana 10:55 PM 01-31-2020
In my opinion a child this young can have anxiety. Has she been evaluated for possible issues like FAS?

Anxiety can be helped with a healthy diet. Some things that cause issues are heavily processed foods and dairy.
Tags:2 year old, anxiety, sensory issues, transitioning
Reply Up