Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Registered With ?
Unregistered 01:12 PM 06-20-2011
I am registered but chose to log out for this. I have a family that has been with me for over four years. Last summer, they only attended 1 month out of the 3 month summer break. This year, Mom told me they would be here June, maybe July, August for sure. So far they have been here 2 days in the month of June. Each time I ask if they will be attending in July, she tells me she doesn't know yet.
Would I be required to give her 2 weeks notice, or would I be able to tell her I am filling her position since she has failed to show for the month? She keeps telling me they will be here, but they don't show and she doesn't call. They are on assistance so I do not get paid when they are not here.
I am just very frustrated. I enjoy the girls, but over the past year, things have just gotten weird. With the no shows, the assistance program she uses is very unreliable, her husband had a bunch of days off last month, but the kids were still in care, but the assitance program didn't pay because he wasn't working.
daycare 01:18 PM 06-20-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am registered but chose to log out for this. I have a family that has been with me for over four years. Last summer, they only attended 1 month out of the 3 month summer break. This year, Mom told me they would be here June, maybe July, August for sure. So far they have been here 2 days in the month of June. Each time I ask if they will be attending in July, she tells me she doesn't know yet.
Would I be required to give her 2 weeks notice, or would I be able to tell her I am filling her position since she has failed to show for the month? She keeps telling me they will be here, but they don't show and she doesn't call. They are on assistance so I do not get paid when they are not here.
I am just very frustrated. I enjoy the girls, but over the past year, things have just gotten weird. With the no shows, the assistance program she uses is very unreliable, her husband had a bunch of days off last month, but the kids were still in care, but the assitance program didn't pay because he wasn't working.
it depends on what you have written in your contact. I don't know how state aide works, as I only do private pay.

If you don't have a contract with this client, then I would say that you are at will to let them go whenever. If you do have a contract then you need to abide by what you wrote in it.
I would make sure that I made a contract from here on out explaining your policies so that this will not happen again.

If you have other people wanting care on a regular basis, i think I would drop them and take on someone else.

also, you should bill the parents for the days that they bring the kids and do not work. That would also need to be in your contract,
wdmmom 01:32 PM 06-20-2011
One full week without attendance constitutes them as former clients unless you are holding a security deposit for them to return whenever they like.

I would tell DCM that you need a set schedule. If she won't be bringing the kids at least 3 days per week, drop them.
grandmom 02:12 PM 06-20-2011
Sounds like you are loosing all the way around.

Replace them, and give notice.

Good luck.
squareone 02:29 PM 06-20-2011
I would give her whatever notice your contract requires and fill the space with a full-timer. If you want to continue to work with her tell her that starting X date you will only be available to her on a drop-in basis.
Cat Herder 02:59 PM 06-20-2011
Treat her with the same respect she is showing you.
Tags:assistance, no show, subsidy
Reply Up