Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Morning Sickness, Ugh!
LadyPearl 10:21 AM 02-10-2014
Does anybody have any tricks or remedies for morning sickness? I am 6 weeks along and miserable!
daycarediva 10:28 AM 02-10-2014
crackers before getting out of bed. Eating regular, small meals. Reducing caffeine. real ginger pops, ginger candy.

ANY hard candy helped me, so I would suck on something throughout the day.

I was on anti-emetics when pregnant to help curb it, since it lasted the entire duration of pregnancy 1 & 2.
Annalee 10:32 AM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by LadyPearl:
Does anybody have any tricks or remedies for morning sickness? I am 6 weeks along and miserable!
I kept cheerios in my pocket and eat them throughout the day!
thetoddlerwhisper 10:36 AM 02-10-2014
i use cold water on my wrists
Shell 10:36 AM 02-10-2014
1/2 unisom tablet (the yellowish/orange one), not the purple. My ultrasound tech told me about it, and it's magic. I checked with my ob just in case, and he said yes, as long as it's the yellow one. It seriously helped me- I was so sick for four months, but this really helped!
spud912 10:58 AM 02-10-2014
Dealing with it right now . Here is what works for me, but it's all trial and error. Some things they recommend never helped me (like crackers and hard candy).
  1. Regular small meals every 2 hours or less. It has to include a protein.
  2. Reglan (prescribed). Unison made me so tired I could not function. Phenergan also makes me too tired. Zofran was ok but new studies indicate it may cause heart problems.
  3. Iced lemon water and chewing on fresh ginger help for the short time.
  4. 8+ hours of sleep
  5. Staying very hydrated with water.
  6. Avoid carbonated beverages and chewing gum because they cause indigestion, which leads to more nausea.
  7. Avoid strong smells like scented body wash, deodorant, and perfume. Avoid other strong smells.
  8. Rest as much as possible.
Good luck! It's no easy feat but it can be done.
VTMom 11:29 AM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by mrsmichelle:
1/2 unisom tablet (the yellowish/orange one), not the purple. My ultrasound tech told me about it, and it's magic. I checked with my ob just in case, and he said yes, as long as it's the yellow one. It seriously helped me- I was so sick for four months, but this really helped!
I did the same thing with a 10mg tablet of vitamin B6. It was amazing! I tried just taking the B6 (that alone works for some women with morning sickness), but it didn't work. 10mg B6 plus 1/2 table of Unisom (tablet, not the capsule) and I was so much better. This was "prescribed" to me directly from my OB.

Good luck and hang in there!
MotherNature 12:03 PM 02-10-2014
I'm 11 wks along & my nausea is lessening. I haven't thrown up once, though, luckily. I have to eat every couple hrs..
JLH 12:51 PM 02-10-2014
Try asking your OB for a prescription for Reglan. I was in the hospital several times for nausea and dehydration with my twins and Reglan helped me so much! It's the only way I could keep anything down. Good luck!!!
Evansmom 12:56 PM 02-10-2014
Smelling lemons I know it sounds crazy but it always lessened my nausea.
If you're actually vomiting a lot (not just being nauseous) and it's bad then go for the B6, the unisom and if that doesn't work, go to the OB to get something.

Oh man I feel for ya! I was sick 17 weeks with my second son and 25 with my third. No fun.
spud912 01:26 PM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
I'm 11 wks along & my nausea is lessening. I haven't thrown up once, though, luckily. I have to eat every couple hrs..
I've been wondering about you! I'm glad everything is improving for you! Have you been to the doctor yet? I was 11 weeks like you but they did 2 dating ultrasounds and moved my date up a week, so now I'm 12 weeks . It's like I got a free week!! I wish I could say the same about the morning sickness . I vomited three times already this morning (twice while "on" reglan ). I have good days and bad days....every time I think it's improving I have string of blech days.....
Reply Up