Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacation..Newport Beach
nanglgrl 07:13 PM 08-23-2014
We booked a vacation to go to Newport Beach at the end of January. I'm hoping some of you are from there and give me the best ideas if what to do with the kids. It will be me and my hubby, a 14 year old, 6 year old and 4 year old.
daycare 09:49 PM 08-23-2014
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
We booked a vacation to go to Newport Beach at the end of January. I'm hoping some of you are from there and give me the best ideas if what to do with the kids. It will be me and my hubby, a 14 year old, 6 year old and 4 year old.
I moved from there 5 years ago.
What kind of things would you be interested in.
Newport in jan is very nice but not really beach hang out weather.
Michael 01:53 PM 08-24-2014
Take the ferry to Balboa Island. You take the car on it. The pier is fun to walk out on. Disneyland us close. You can do some whale watching. Laguna Beach is also nice to visit. That's a couple towns south. You can also bike ride the board walk. I think they have some with kid seats or four passenger peddle quads.
daycare 04:20 PM 08-24-2014
Originally Posted by Michael:
Take the ferry to Balboa Island. You take the car on it. The pier is fun to walk out on. Disneyland us close. You can do some whale watching. Laguna Beach is also nice to visit. That's a couple towns south. You can also bike ride the board walk. I think they have some with kid seats or four passenger peddle quads.
Ya those quad bikes always looked Like fun. I never rode one but a lot of tourist people do.

In balboa they have a fun zone with cute arcade and a carousel. It's been there forever.

Newport can be very turn off as there is a lot if money there and many people don't want to be bothered with kids.

Fashion island is fun. Outdoor shopping of some great stores. They have water jumping fountains and a small train to ride.

Anaheim is near. Down town Disney is very fun.

Also knotts berry farm. Wax musume. House of blues sometimes has kid shows.

I will think of more
nanglgrl 06:02 PM 08-24-2014
Thanks everyone, keep it coming! As for the weather being a little colder (it looks like the norm is in the 60's), we will be leaving an Iowa winter so when we get there we will probably be the only ones in the water thinking how nice and warm it is. Lol. It never ceases to amaze me that come May when the weather goes from the negatives to the 60's around here we are all in shorts and t-shirts while sweating our butts off but then in September when we leave the 80-90 degree temperatures behind and it's in the lower 70's we wear sweaters! Oh well, someday I will move somewhere warm. Today it was in the upper 90's and it felt perfect to me.
daycare 06:42 PM 08-24-2014
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Thanks everyone, keep it coming! As for the weather being a little colder (it looks like the norm is in the 60's), we will be leaving an Iowa winter so when we get there we will probably be the only ones in the water thinking how nice and warm it is. Lol. It never ceases to amaze me that come May when the weather goes from the negatives to the 60's around here we are all in shorts and t-shirts while sweating our butts off but then in September when we leave the 80-90 degree temperatures behind and it's in the lower 70's we wear sweaters! Oh well, someday I will move somewhere warm. Today it was in the upper 90's and it felt perfect to me.
Jan sometimes rains a lot. It's always a mystery.

The water is in the 50s but I do see out of town people in the ocean during that time of year. Locals wear wetsuits 8mm thick. Lol
Blackcat31 07:49 AM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
Jan sometimes rains a lot. It's always a mystery.

The water is in the 50s but I do see out of town people in the ocean during that time of year. Locals wear wetsuits 8mm thick. Lol
When DH and I were visiting Newport Beach in February (2011) we swam.

We weren't the only ones on the beach but we were the only ones in the water.
daycare 12:50 PM 08-25-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
When DH and I were visiting Newport Beach in February (2011) we swam.

We weren't the only ones on the beach but we were the only ones in the water.
lol oh I don't doubt it. I have some very good friends from MN, cambridge area and when they came out during our winter months they were the crazy people in their bathing suits down in the water on the beach.

I go to the beach in JAN when I lived there, but in my full clothes, no way would I be in a bathing suit or even a toe in the water...

My friends tell me that I am a big baby, but to me anything under 70 is too cold......
Tags:vacation
Reply Up