Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview Went Very Well But I'm Still Nervous
Unregistered 01:28 PM 07-01-2020
Pros:

She basically said I got the job and start August 17th.

She said not to worry about my previous center (it ended badly when I reported abuse to cps and they didn't like me at all).

I said to her, "I had some concerns that they didn't take seriously."

She said that's okay one of the teachers she hired got a bad refrence and she's one of her best.

Cons:

Her son works at the last place I worked at. He only works summers, but that makes me think they are all close.

I didn't tell her I called cps, I only told her the director didn't take my concerns seriously.

I hope she doesn't switch. I really wanna work there :/
Former Teacher 04:22 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Pros:

She basically said I got the job and start August 17th.

She said not to worry about my previous center (it ended badly when I reported abuse to cps and they didn't like me at all).

I said to her, "I had some concerns that they didn't take seriously."

She said that's okay one of the teachers she hired got a bad refrence and she's one of her best.

Cons:

Her son works at the last place I worked at. He only works summers, but that makes me think they are all close.

I didn't tell her I called cps, I only told her the director didn't take my concerns seriously.

I hope she doesn't switch. I really wanna work there :/
That's over a month and a half away. Unless something is in writing, I would keep looking
Unregistered 08:02 PM 07-01-2020
If they are professional it would be fine-but often times people arent and will say anything to rope people in.

But considering they are not in s rush for starting (due to covid no doubt) it may not be the "say anything to rope you in" move because childcare centers tend to need staff yesterday.
Blackcat31 06:34 AM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:

Cons:

Curious but why does her son work at the other place and not with her?

Is it against the rules in your state for family to work with family?

I wonder if her son has the same feelings in regards to the concerns you had about the other place?
Unregistered 06:52 AM 07-02-2020
No, he only works summers. He may work in the elementary school I'm not sure. It has a good summer program for college students. It's like the YMCA .
Unregistered 07:16 AM 07-02-2020
I have a friend, Dawn, in a similar situation. And I have been in similar a couple of times where I had supervisors try to squash my cps contacting-and I raised hell. When I was director I made it very clear to staff if they had a concern I will back them up and to talk with me if they are unsure and we would discuss it. I trained staff up front and posted info and did not wait for annual training-which used to be whenever the companies provided it, before it became mandated up front.
Tags:center based teachers, center workers
Reply Up