Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Preschool Curriculum
blueclouds29 02:48 PM 05-03-2011
I saw on another thread about the buttercup curriculum. I have 3 kids 2 years and under. Is that what most of you would recommend? Or do you know of another curriculum that you know of. Are curriculum usually that much? I'm new at this so i don't want to get the wrong thing. Thanks for your help and/or ideas!!
Evansmom 05:30 PM 05-03-2011
I used to buy the Itty Bitty Bookworm curriculum. I don't think it's expensive so you might want to check that out. I liked it a lot but after a few months I kinda got the hang of what she was trying to do and then ended up writing some myself.

Then we switched to the Letter of the Week Prepratory Curriculum from Brightly Beaming Resources. You can google letter of the week and find the website. It's FREE! And the Prep curriculum is for smaller ones that don't know letters yet, then she has the next level which is just called Letter of the Week and that's for probably 3-4 year olds. It's a good website for ideas.

There are a ton of good websites out there for ideas to write your own curriculum. Thing is you have to be pretty organized and write it like a month in advance at least. I'm writing the whole one for next year right now to get it out of the way. I bet you could write your own without any difficulty!
Hunni Bee 05:47 PM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by Evansmom:
I used to buy the Itty Bitty Bookworm curriculum. I don't think it's expensive so you might want to check that out. I liked it a lot but after a few months I kinda got the hang of what she was trying to do and then ended up writing some myself.

Then we switched to the Letter of the Week Prepratory Curriculum from Brightly Beaming Resources. You can google letter of the week and find the website. It's FREE! And the Prep curriculum is for smaller ones that don't know letters yet, then she has the next level which is just called Letter of the Week and that's for probably 3-4 year olds. It's a good website for ideas.

There are a ton of good websites out there for ideas to write your own curriculum. Thing is you have to be pretty organized and write it like a month in advance at least. I'm writing the whole one for next year right now to get it out of the way. I bet you could write your own without any difficulty!
I use Letter of the Week...I love it . I come up with my own activities, but I definitely use the songs and ideas for math, science, social studies.

We also subscribe to Weekly Reader. I used to get it as a kid and loved it, and my dck's love it too. You get instant theme ideas, it comes with a resource packet of worksheets, books to read/check out from the library, activities, etc. Also, you send the child-sized versions home, so parents know exactly what their kid learned. When we're done with the class-size version (can fit on an easel) I cut them up and decorate the room with the beautiful pictures.
meganlavonnesmommy 04:34 AM 05-04-2011
I use Mother Goose Time, and LOVE it!
Tags:preschool curriculum
Reply Up