Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Dreaded Cycle....
Cat Herder 08:44 AM 10-21-2011
Here we go again.

About once every 5 years I get a client on the all too familiar Mommy pattern...usually after 2-3 years of service, here.

1. Start complaining about co-workers, housework, spouse, money problems.
2. Start becoming later and later to drop-off.
3. Regress to baby talk again.
4. Every mild illness, bump and bruise is suddenly life altering.
5. Start missing days in cycles. Late, later, no show. Late, later, no show.
6. Send the email and a family member to pick up the belongings. (I am waiting for this next)

Ugh....The holidays are coming, too. I do not want to start a new client over the holidays....

Why does everyone think being a SAHM is any easier?

Don't get me wrong, I like that they are going to give it a try, I just don't understand why they can't be honest with me.

Anyone else have this?
cheerfuldom 09:28 AM 10-21-2011
yes. like you said, they get really sneaky and think that you have no clue what is happening. they are dissatisfied with other parts of their life and carry that over to your service, regardless of how long they were previously happy with you. they want a change and think that SAHMing will be it. Sometimes it is but sometimes not. a lot of the time I hear back from these moms later that they are looking for daycare. That happens quite a bit actually.
Cat Herder 09:36 AM 10-21-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
yes. like you said, they get really sneaky and think that you have no clue what is happening. they are dissatisfied with other parts of their life and carry that over to your service, regardless of how long they were previously happy with you. they want a change and think that SAHMing will be it. Sometimes it is but sometimes not. a lot of the time I hear back from these moms later that they are looking for daycare. That happens quite a bit actually.
Ugh, yes.... Then they get mad at me when I won't accept them back and complain to the other clients. "*** misses you and his/her friends. Please??"

I don't do re-runs, I can't. I need trust and consistency to be both ways...

My income for my family depends on it. Just frustrating.
Tags:communication, honesty, income, parental life choices, sahm, trust, wants and needs
Reply Up