Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Maternity Leave
runningmom 01:12 PM 11-10-2013
What has been your experience with taking maternity leave? I would like to take 7 weeks off but I'm very afraid of loosing families. Do you have advice?
Michael 02:27 PM 11-10-2013
welcome! Sundays are slow here on the forum. We have a lot of threads on Maternity Leave that should occupy you until tomorrow.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...aternity+leave
Blackcat31 02:32 PM 11-10-2013
Welcome to the forum! I am in MN too!

I have never run my child care while pregnant but as a parent, if my child care closed for 7 weeks, I'd just find a new one.

I know that's probably not what you want to hear but I think parents want dependability and reliability. It does make it tough as a child care provider to have a "life" sometimes but in my experience that is just the way it is.

Maybe others will have a different experience to offer.

What do YOU think your families would say about it?
cara041083 02:40 PM 11-10-2013
I am getting ready to have a baby and I am only closing for 2 weeks. I do think It would be possible to close for 7 weeks if you could hire a sub or someone to still run and and come to your house to watch your DCK. I hired a sub to come and watch kids while I had my Doc apts and such but I was going to close down the 2 weeks( and not charge). Also for 7 weeks, most parents have to pay an enrollment fee to put there kids somewhere else. So If it was me as a parent I would leave if a provider shut down for 2 months.
TwinKristi 09:32 PM 11-10-2013
Welcome!

I have to agree, more than 2-3wks and I would probably find new care. As a new mom that sucks.
sally 06:25 AM 11-11-2013
I wasn't running my daycare yet when my youngest was born 2-21-12 but had I been I would have had to close for quite a while. We had complications with my c section and I was in the hospital for 5 days. When we got home I was still having problems and ended up in the ER and hospital again. I wasn't able to fully function on my own with just my kids for almost 3 months. So if you need a longer maternity leave because of medical reasons then they understand or they find someone else. Its just the way it is
Tags:maternity leave
Reply Up