Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>End of Summer Kids
Josiegirl 04:13 AM 08-06-2015
There are only a couple of weeks left before kids return to school. I am seriously thinking of not taking any more SA after this. Even if I do decide to keep it up, there are 4 of them I won't be having again. Very mixed feeling
Anyways, one year we had an end of summer carnival and the kids all won prizes. I do NOT have the time and energy to put into that again. But I wanted to do something special. Any ideas??? Two sets of siblings are moving on and I've had them both many years. I feel I need to do something as extra special gifts for them but have no idea what. My printer stopped printing my downloaded pictures so I can't do anything with their photos.
I'm trying to think outside the box but unfortunately my box seems to be so small lately, I can't think.....Period....

Thank you immensely for any help you can give!!!
bklsmum 04:44 AM 08-06-2015
I am doing an end of summer BBQ for the kiddos and fams. Everyone is bringing something and hopefully a good time will be had by all.
childcaremom 04:50 AM 08-06-2015
We are having an ice cream sundae party at the end of summer. Which is very exciting, btw, as we don't do treats at all. Like ever. I plan to do it later in the afternoon, after snack, so we are outside and the kids are close to going home

I like the idea of a carnival and we are planning a carnival day for next week. But I am keeping it very simple and just for fun.

If you still want to do that.... why don't you get the kids involved in the planning of it? I remember planning carnivals when I was younger for the neighbourhood kids. It was tons of fun. Get them to brainstorm some ideas, you give final approval, and go from there.

There doesn't nec. have to be prizes, either. Maybe they could earn points and the winner will get to choose a special lunch for a future day, second place could choose snack. Or a movie.
Lovatic24 05:03 PM 08-20-2015
My old daycare lady had a Superjump. It was a special day where she rented a bounce house (Just to jump in, no slide or pool,or water play) and had a special lunch of grilled hotdogs, frozen fruit, and potato chips. It was awesome and simple.
rosieteddy 07:50 AM 08-21-2015
I kept last days low key.We had a special lunch then I usually gave them their own art boxes that they had used.I try to make a special book with their photos of their time here(through walgreens)If no book then a group photo in small frame.I never had good luck having all the parents and kids here together.I expect to much behavior wise and it never worked well.
Tags:end of summer
Reply Up