Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Times a Day Do You Say...
littlefriends 12:43 PM 02-24-2020
How many times a day do you guys think you say “Go play” or “Talk to your friends”?? I have nearly all 3.5-5 years right now and all of them want to talk to me all day!
Guess I could put this in the vent section but it’s not a vent per se...just I feel like a broken record lol. I’ve got a tiny person (or 3 or 4!) standing in front of me wanting to tell me a story every 3 seconds.
flying_babyb 12:57 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
How many times a day do you guys think you say “Go play” or “Talk to your friends”?? I have nearly all 3.5-5 years right now and all of them want to talk to me all day!
Guess I could put this in the vent section but it’s not a vent per se...just I feel like a broken record lol. I’ve got a tiny person (or 3 or 4!) standing in front of me wanting to tell me a story every 3 seconds.
"I know you want to tell me something. I would LOVE if you could go draw me a picture of what you want to tell me. Let me know when your done and we can talk about it. I love to see what you can make!"

Encorages speech and fine motor skills (and gives me 20-30 seconds of peace)
Ariana 04:48 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
"I know you want to tell me something. I would LOVE if you could go draw me a picture of what you want to tell me. Let me know when your done and we can talk about it. I love to see what you can make!"

Encorages speech and fine motor skills (and gives me 20-30 seconds of peace)
Love this idea!!
flying_babyb 08:11 AM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Love this idea!!
Works till they get wise, then they scribble ONE line and run to you to "tell"you about it.
Another idea:
The "talk to me turtle".
"I know you really want to talk to me, but I need to make sure everyone is safe. Can you tell mister (miss) turtle? She will tell me later"
Our class had a monkey named bongo. She watched over the class, the kids talked to her, and tattled to her. She was usaually close enough to me so if it was a saftey related tattle I could interviene (and have the what to tell and whats tattling talk). When I would go on vacation, Monkeys cousin "steve" would come visit so monkey could go to0. I worked at a center so I would send emails w pics to the kids and post them when I got back. Around cristmas and haunakua she would get a cellphone.... She would report to santa about the kids (monkey on a shelf). It actully was fun for the teachers too, cause they enjoyed moving my darn monkey so the kids had to help me find it each day.
littlefriends 12:07 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Works till they get wise, then they scribble ONE line and run to you to "tell"you about it.
Another idea:
The "talk to me turtle".
"I know you really want to talk to me, but I need to make sure everyone is safe. Can you tell mister (miss) turtle? She will tell me later"
Our class had a monkey named bongo. She watched over the class, the kids talked to her, and tattled to her. She was usaually close enough to me so if it was a saftey related tattle I could interviene (and have the what to tell and whats tattling talk). When I would go on vacation, Monkeys cousin "steve" would come visit so monkey could go to0. I worked at a center so I would send emails w pics to the kids and post them when I got back. Around cristmas and haunakua she would get a cellphone.... She would report to santa about the kids (monkey on a shelf). It actully was fun for the teachers too, cause they enjoyed moving my darn monkey so the kids had to help me find it each day.
I already have 2 that have discovered that it’s way super fun to try to use up all the paper in the stack to have 40 pictures to show/tell me about! I should have seen that coming. I actually have a mouse from the book “Frederick” that sits on top of the bookshelf-he would make a perfect froend to talk to!! I love that idea.
AmyKidsCo 12:55 PM 02-26-2020
All. Day. Long.

Except now I say "Go back to the playroom" because when I'd tell them to go play they'd say "I don't want to play."
VAmomof4 01:31 PM 02-26-2020
I thought it was just me who felt that way
DaveA 03:45 AM 02-27-2020
My big one right now isn't so much "go play" as "give each other space". I have a brother/ sister pair that would sit literally leaning against each other playing together all day if I let them. Of course this leads to tons of arguments and hitting/ pushing, so I have to make them play separately or at the very least give each other a foot of breathing room.
CeriBear 04:54 AM 02-27-2020
My biggest one now is “kind words” as I have a few who have started saying mean things to each other. Ugh. Girl drama with 4yos. I didn’t think it started so young.
Tags:daycare environment, go play toys
Reply Up