Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-13-2020, 12:12 PM
Michelle0620's Avatar
Michelle0620 Michelle0620 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1
Default Opening Home Daycare, Need Help with Name

I am opening my home daycare soon, and I am trying to get input on if this name is too much or if it's perfect. And also what logo I should use. Thanks.

Name- Lucky Little Ladybugs
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-13-2020, 12:19 PM
Michelle0620's Avatar
Michelle0620 Michelle0620 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1
Default

https://ibb.co/pzM8cM0
https://ibb.co/JnV7SnB

Links for my logo pics.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-14-2020, 04:22 AM
Gemma's Avatar
Gemma Gemma is online now
Childcare Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 1,267
Default

I love the logo!
About the name, if it was me I would lose the "Lucky" but that's just my preference.
Some might say the "Little" is already overused, and that's their preference...so in the end what matters is YOUR preference, if you love that name, go for it!

Welcome to the childcare provider's world!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-14-2020, 01:37 PM
e.j.'s Avatar
e.j. e.j. is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,670
Default

The name is cute and the logo is adorable. If you like it, I'd say go with it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-14-2020, 02:27 PM
Rockgirl's Avatar
Rockgirl Rockgirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,196
Default

Iím personally not into the ďcutesyĒ names, but if you love it, thatís what matters!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-14-2020, 07:14 PM
284878's Avatar
284878 284878 is online now
Day Care Owner
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,142
Default

IMO - ladybugs is a bit girly to me.

But the logo is cute.

Have you done a google search to make sure that it is not a name used in your area?

I choose to change my first few names because there were dc near me with similar names.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-14-2020, 08:37 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 7,725
Default

I sent you a password reminder. Please log in to post.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-15-2020, 04:30 AM
Gemma's Avatar
Gemma Gemma is online now
Childcare Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 1,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I signed out to keep my daycare blog posts anonymous since I want to share a link that would identify my profile on here to the public.

I kind of regret my daycare business name choice. It's a "little" one too. However, I love my other business name "Kahlan's Cottage". My 6 year old daughter's name is Kahlan (pronounced like Kaylan) and her dad built a beautiful little playhouse for her when she was a year old and named it that. I wish I would have gone with that name for my daycare 5 years ago! If you want to see a pic of this playhouse, one of his many other neat whimsical playhouses or check out some of my crafted minky blankets here you are:
I'm a "Little" too and I love it!

As for your name, why don't you change it?

Last edited by Blackcat31; 10-15-2020 at 08:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-15-2020, 07:20 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,908
Default

If YOU like it, that's all that matters. Your logo is adorable. Myself, I love ladybugs and this time of year we get tons of them in our windows. I say go for it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-15-2020, 07:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I sent you a password reminder. Please log in to post.
We aren't allowed to anonymously post? I remember my password and have been logged in for most of all of my postings. I just wanted to keep from linking my Facebook to this blog because I don't want anyone I know to see my blogs on here. I was hoping for privacy and the opportunity to speak objectively with other providers on here without clients observing.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-15-2020, 08:01 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We aren't allowed to anonymously post? I remember my password and have been logged in for most of all of my postings. I just wanted to keep from linking my Facebook to this blog because I don't want anyone I know to see my blogs on here. I was hoping for privacy and the opportunity to speak objectively with other providers on here without clients observing.
I personally have no issue with members logging out to post anonymously but I don't think you should be soliciting sales.

IF Michael allows that type of advertising, I think it should be an option for members signed in only.

I don't know how others feel but that's my two cents.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-15-2020, 08:18 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I personally have no issue with members logging out to post anonymously but I don't think you should be soliciting sales.

IF Michael allows that type of advertising, I think it should be an option for members signed in only.

I don't know how others feel but that's my two cents.
Okay, sorry will you please delete my post? I didn't mean to bother anyone. I'm proud of that playhouse and excited about the things we've been making. I wanted to share but I understand I shouldn't have because this isn't the place for it. Sorry!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-15-2020, 09:09 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Okay, sorry will you please delete my post? I didn't mean to bother anyone. I'm proud of that playhouse and excited about the things we've been making. I wanted to share but I understand I shouldn't have because this isn't the place for it. Sorry!
Oh no apologies necessary!
I think the playhouse is adorable and you should be proud!

I am not the site owner so I can't say one way or another if posting links for solicitation of sales is acceptable or not but if Michael says it is okay, then you can post freely!

My only issue was that I think you should be able to post links for sales but only as a logged in member. Otherwise, the amount of people that post anonymously to sell their wares is overwhelming at times so that specifically was what I was posting about.

I also understand your point of not wanting clients to see who you are on this board so I get where you are coming from.

My advice is wait to see what Michael says.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-15-2020, 10:27 AM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 7,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Okay, sorry will you please delete my post? I didn't mean to bother anyone. I'm proud of that playhouse and excited about the things we've been making. I wanted to share but I understand I shouldn't have because this isn't the place for it. Sorry!
We don’t allow advertising on the forum in general. There are some long-time members that promote some of the products or businesses. We are happy to support them because they support this forum with their expertise and conversations.

Since you are a new member, it comes across that you are using the forum just to promote and market your products which falls outside of our rules.

I hope as a childcare provider you can add your knowledge and experience to our conversations for those looking for help and answers in starting and improving their daycare business.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-15-2020, 12:04 PM
Jo123ABC's Avatar
Jo123ABC Jo123ABC is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: U.S.
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
We donít allow advertising on the forum in general. There are some long-time members that promote some of the products or businesses. We are happy to support them because they support this forum with their expertise and conversations.

Since you are a new member, it comes across that you are using the forum just to promote and market your products which falls outside of our rules.

I hope as a childcare provider you can add your knowledge and experience to our conversations for those looking for help and answers in starting and improving their daycare business.
It's no problem, I actually have been a member for nearly 3 years and have been on here for 4. Since my original post was deleted along with the link I'll just let you all know who's posting. Sorry for causing issues. I live in a small town and it's nice to have someplace to go to talk with like-minded individuals and vent without fear of losing business because everyone knows everyone... Or is related to them.

You're just protecting your site from the ransom trolls! I promise I'm not one
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
daycare name, daycare name business title, daycare names

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Licensed DayCare vs. Private DayCare marylmr Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 60 02-24-2020 12:20 PM
Daycare Providers Wish Parents Knew These 12 Things Michael Parents and Guardians Forum 22 11-04-2019 07:56 PM
New daycare home Jujube835 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 10-02-2016 06:55 AM
Sell or Lease Daycare (Home)??? CheekyChick Open Daycare Center - Sell a Daycare - Rent a Daycare - Buy a Daycare 0 08-31-2016 08:37 AM
Getting a Home Daycare Started in Texas JesskaAtreides Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 04-27-2010 09:33 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:10 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming