Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-28-2020, 03:54 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Question Food Program

Is there a website map that shows each region, county and states tier levels or do we just have to take the consultant of the week's word for it?
Old 10-28-2020, 04:02 AM
Daycare.com Member

No idea on the map... BUT I was told it went by your school districts poverty levels. 80% free lunch would be Tier1.

When we moved I had to reduce rates (high income to mid income areas) but the change from tier 2 to 1 more than compensated for it.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:10 AM
Childcare Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Is there a website map that shows each region, county and states tier levels or do we just have to take the consultant of the week's word for it?
Mine follow the school district, whatever tier they put the school in, I get
Old 10-28-2020, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
No idea on the map... BUT I was told it went by your school districts poverty levels. 80% free lunch would be Tier1.

When we moved I had to reduce rates (high income to mid income areas) but the change from tier 2 to 1 more than compensated for it.
That is the thing, all 3 of my local schools are well over 80% free lunch but they say my street is tier 2. I have never had anything concrete provided to me to support that claim. It seems shady.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
Mine follow the school district, whatever tier they put the school in, I get
Do you know how we can hold them accountable if they are wrong? Where do we go for concrete information?
Old 10-28-2020, 05:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Do you know how we can hold them accountable if they are wrong? Where do we go for concrete information?
Tiers are based on school data or the providers income. My FP 'likes' for all to be on Tier 1 so she explores every avenue to meet that.

I would definitely stay on this because I think you should qualify for Tier 1.

Good luck!
Old 10-28-2020, 07:45 AM

Thank you, BC. The new regs make me post a menu and times, keep on file for 6 months, eat the same food within arms length, have seconds of everything on the table and require the unannounced inspector to look over all menus and witness meals, jut like the food program.

I figured maybe it was time to get paid more for it.

I looked around a bit more and it looks like they are including the percentages from the four private/boarding schools here. There is no way our families could afford those schools. Most are from out of country. I am shocked they knock our stats down to 63% for the district.

Can that be right? I thought only public schools count.

(I was thinking of you all night. I hope your morning is going well. )
Old 10-28-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
Tiers are based on school data or the providers income. My FP 'likes' for all to be on Tier 1 so she explores every avenue to meet that.

I would definitely stay on this because I think you should qualify for Tier 1.

Good luck!
Thanks! It is really confusing. I need my information in print. I don't trust verbal anything from these folks out here. They don't like to put anything in print. I email, they call. I email "That sounds important, please send me an email."... they ignore me.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Thank you, BC. The new regs make me post a menu and times, keep on file for 6 months, eat the same food within arms length, have seconds of everything on the table and require the unannounced inspector to look over all menus and witness meals, jut like the food program.

I looked around a bit more and it looks like they are including the percentages from the four private/boarding schools here. There is no way our families could afford those schools. Most are from out of country. I am shocked they knock our stats down to 63% for the district.

Can that be right? I thought only public schools count.
Can your families themselves qualify? They can fill out individual income forms and maybe they would individually qualify for the higher reimbursement rate.

I don't know much about private schools and their impact in the process but I would think they are not included unless they participate in CACFP too. But I have no idea.

Hopefully there is contact info somewhere in the links where you can call and find out for sure.

Quote:
(I was thinking of you all night. I hope your morning is going well. )
Thank you...I'm hanging in there.
I'll post more in the private vent thread.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

All school systems are receiving free lunch during the pandemic so you should qualify for sure this year!
Old 10-28-2020, 09:30 AM
Childcare Provider

Quote:
I don't know, but I can ask my sponsor if like
Old 10-28-2020, 12:55 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Food sponsor may be incorrect.

If there is another sponsor in your area for the childcare food program, I would call them and ask the question. My sponsor believes it's public school data only. If you want to take it further, contact the USDA. Their criteria should be consistent amongst states as it's a federal agency. I definitely would pursue this as it's a large difference!
Old 10-28-2020, 01:09 PM

Thanks guys!

I wanted to check before I start making more calls for documents.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:

I was sitting here reading this and I thought....wait...I thought CH wasn't even on the FP....then I kept on reading...that usually helps before I think random thoughts!
Old 10-28-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Teacher View Post
I was sitting here reading this and I thought....wait...I thought CH wasn't even on the FP....then I kept on reading...that usually helps before I think random thoughts!
I get it. I keep hearing these other people loving their programs and I have to do all the same things anyway, but I still can't see a way that it will be worth it, here.

I re-evaluate every few years in case the kinks have been worked out.

Tags
food program - reimbursement, tier 1, tier 1 food program, tier 2