Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Would You Do
littlemisssunshine 05:12 PM 05-02-2012
If a dck bit you In front of a parent whose dcg was also bit by this dck? May I add this child is 2 and a half and has bitten about 6 times my other dck's
JenNJ 05:18 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by littlemisssunshine:
If a dck bit you In front of a parent whose dcg was also bit by this dck?
I would firmly say, "No Sarah! No biting!" Then I would take the child and immediately put them in a safe place where they could not bite someone or hurt themselves (pack n play).
Lilbutterflie 05:23 PM 05-02-2012
Say "Excuse me please" to the parent; and then proceed to do what you would normally do with dck when they bite. Then come back to the parent and continue on as usual. If the parent suggests they are concerned, let them know what your procedures are for biting and reassure her that you are working on it with the child.
wdmmom 07:45 PM 05-02-2012
Is this happening at departures? How old is the child?

Is there a way to keep the child away from the door while you are doing departures? Could you contain him/her?

If children have access to the door, they tend to swarm it. I don't let that happen. I keep the kids away from the door but within eyesight. I would highly recommend this if it's possible. Or, what about watching for parents to come and contain this child in a playard or pack n play for a few minutes while doing a departure?
Tags:bad behavior - around parents, biting, pick up behavior
Reply Up