Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Facebook
dave4him 05:10 PM 10-16-2011
How many of you add your parents to your facebook? Or maybe add friends who also have daycare? How does that work for you.
wahmof3 05:41 PM 10-16-2011
I dont add my dcp. I guess I just want to keep business separate from my personal life. Im just funny about that stuff.
dave4him 05:55 PM 10-16-2011
I figure i might just add them so they can see how things are going on during the day... not sure
wahmof3 06:06 PM 10-16-2011
If you have a fb page for your daycare, then most definently add them
I think thats a great idea. Im just weird with adding them at a personal level. Dont get me wrong, I like all of my dcp- they are great people, I just dont care for that.
Zoe 06:12 PM 10-16-2011
I added a business facebook account for current daycare clients so they can "like" the business and see what's going on. Honestly, it only really works if they care. As for personal, I don't do it. I want to be able to be me without worrying about what they think. They are not my bosses, but I don't want to censor myself as if they were, kwim?
graham.shellbell 07:41 AM 10-17-2011
I have 2 facebook accounts...one is for the daycare and the other is my private.. the parents I have spend a lot of time on facebook and it is easier for me to upload pics that way when doing something then sending them out individually or can post quickly something cute the kids say..I have the dcp and a couple close friends of mine on that one..my other facebook is people I know but aren't close friends with.
KEG123 07:42 AM 10-17-2011
Nope, no daycare families on my FB. I have under 20 friends because I'm so picky with who I add. Drives me nuts all these people with 200 "friends"
Cat Herder 07:54 AM 10-17-2011
I do not add clients to my personal FB account. They are not my friends.

I do have my clients and their family on my daycare FB page. It has all of the closings, policies, FAQ'S, curriculum's, photos, etc. It is such an amazing tool.

I recommend using a personal account with your daycare name as "First" and "Last" name or the account is severely limited in functionality.
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:52 AM 10-17-2011
I live in a very small town (for a year now). It took me a long time to get the recognition I have today.

That being said, in the last month I have had 2 of my DCM's invite me to be their friend on facebook and 2 daycare owners add me as a friend. We all know each other.

I have nothing to hide, and If I did, someone probably already knows!

I dont comment on the daycare or the DCK's on my facebook at all, not even to complain. Thats why I come on here!!!

I know that if I have a personal problem and spewed it all over facebook, in 10 min the whole neighbourhood will know, probably will a few new details added to the story.

My mom always said keep your crap to yourself!

So if these parents want to see if I drink occasionally, smoke, and swear like a trucker, they wont see it on FB and what I do on my time is none of their bees wax.
momofsix 10:58 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:

I do have my clients and their family on my daycare FB page. It has all of the closings, policies, FAQ'S, curriculum's, photos, etc. It is such an amazing tool.

I recommend using a personal account with your daycare name as "First" and "Last" name or the account is severely limited in functionality.
Although they have now updated the "group" features Much better now!
Christian Mother 11:36 AM 10-17-2011
I have a FB acct and have most of my daycare families on it. I know it's important to keep personal and biz separate...but, I find that because I only except 4 children into care I've grown quit close to my parents and families. I would never post anything on FB that was inappropriate. I don't just have my DC families but my own families on there...all a crossed the world. My friends from high school to friends I've made in the future and of course church friends. I try to live my life as drama free as I can. I can't imagine posting something hurtful to anyone or have someone do the same about me. When I post I make sure that it is ok by the parents first such as there art work or pictures of the children creating. Not to mention that these pictures are set to private. Not anyone can look at them. You just have to be careful with what you put out there and think before you post.
caligirl 01:56 PM 10-17-2011
I do have a FB page, and some of my DCP's are on it. Not all of them. It's actually kind of fun. I'll post pictures and tag them of the kids during the day so that they can share the pictures with their family and friends
dave4him 06:55 PM 10-17-2011
Ill need to figure out how to set up a FB page for the daycare
dave4him 07:13 PM 10-26-2011
Id be curious to add you to my facebook as well to get to know you all better. PM me if you would like to.
dave4him 04:37 PM 11-18-2011
PM me your name and ill add you to my facebook friends
daycare 04:42 PM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:

I made one today and I have no clue how to use FB.

I did not know what to do with it..

would you mind if I saw yours??
caring4kidsinSD 05:25 PM 11-18-2011
I didn't want to at first but then I got 1 friend request and accepted(I was new to FB at that time) then another and then another. Now They are all FB friends. I do find it's nice to see pics of the kids on weekends/nights - and hear about special things they are doing at home with their family. Plus the kids LOVE to see the other kids' pics that are posted on their parents FB page. Has really helped me make a much better connection with many of the kids hearing the goofy things they say and do at home.

I do have a daycare group page but you can't add people to it without being their friends so I'm not even sure what the point of it is. I dont' want a 'like' page because I don't want everyone and their creepy brother seeing what we do at daycare.

And I've found it's easier to add pictures to my page than the group page anyway and I LOVE to take pics of the kids and upload at the touch of a button.

I do like the 'hide from' button and use it a lot when i vent about dckids or dcparents but am always afraid they'll find out about that post anyway.
Ariana 05:43 PM 11-18-2011
I don't do it and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with an FB page for my daycare either. I wouldn't want just anyone to have access to pic of the kids online kwim? It'd make me uncomfortable as a parent so ask the parents first if you do it!

I send updates and pics through e-mail ocassionally.
Crazy8 07:21 PM 11-18-2011
I have 3 facebook pages, under 2 separate accounts.

One acct is my personal one - only has one daycare family on it, as I also consider them "friends" and I do have a few former dcparents on it - again, some of them are more friends now that our kids are in school together, etc. and we no longer have a business relationship.
2nd is a public business page that anyone can "like". It lists info like current openings, pics of my daycare room, etc. but does not have any pics of kids or any personal info on them.
3rd is a personal acct under daycare name listed as a "person". This one is ONLY for current families, once you leave the daycare you come off this list. I can post statuses with any little reminders, post pics of the kids, tell little tidbits of our days and use the "notes" feature for longer information type posts.

I also have all parents sign an auth. to photograph form and have on it that it may include sharing on internet social networks and websites so I am covered there but I do not share face shots on public pages at all anyway.
momofsix 07:37 PM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I don't do it and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with an FB page for my daycare either. I wouldn't want just anyone to have access to pic of the kids online kwim? It'd make me uncomfortable as a parent so ask the parents first if you do it!

I send updates and pics through e-mail ocassionally.
My dc Facebook page is a private "group" page. Only people approved by me can see the pictures that are posted. Anyone can send me a request to be approved but unless I know who you are and you have a reason to be on the page-you're not going to be approved. My parents all love it! It's so easy to upload pictures too now that fb upgraded my group to the new format
AnneCordelia 05:26 AM 11-19-2011
One of my best friends also does daycare. I've added her because we have more in common than just our work. We'er friends.

I won't add DCPs though. FB is my personal playground and I don't mix play with work.
Tags:facebook
Reply Up