Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ugh, Another Ad From A Clueless Mom
cheerfuldom 03:04 PM 10-15-2013
ad on a local Facebook group asking for a nanny to come to their home, watch one child for three hours a day five days a week. $10 per day. I don't even know a single teenager that would do this! $10 for three hours for a nanny? clueless is the only word I can think of for this.

There *may* be an in home daycare provider in my area that would do this if a child was brought to the provider's home and it most likely would be a brand new provider desperate for clients or a questionable home in a bad part of town.
Angelsj 04:38 PM 10-15-2013
That is not all that far off of what I charge. I have no problem with part time kids, and that is fairly close. Would be more like $12 a day, though, and you bring the kid to me, and pick up, on time.
The big thing with people like this is the desire to dictate my prices. Anytime a parent says "I will pay" instead of "what do you charge?" they typically do not get chosen to be here.
Unregistered 05:25 PM 10-15-2013
With the economy the way it is they might find a decent person that is between jobs. Not nessesarily someone who is qualified bit someone who can try. I know a couple of families that have found people in this circumstance
Unregistered 06:12 PM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
ad on a local Facebook group asking for a nanny to come to their home, watch one child for three hours a day five days a week. $10 per day. I don't even know a single teenager that would do this! $10 for three hours for a nanny? clueless is the only word I can think of for this.

There *may* be an in home daycare provider in my area that would do this if a child was brought to the provider's home and it most likely would be a brand new provider desperate for clients or a questionable home in a bad part of town.
Hah! I can do better than that. Family interviewed with me(I can accept their hours...I was willing to "work" with them on rates and hours....Next day on craigslist....They are advertising for a "babysitter" to pick up their special snowflakes from their "regular daycare that closes at 5pm" I close much later. They then go on to say this person NEEDS to be responsible, mature, have their own vehicle, have no less than 3 unrelated references, be willing to negotiate rate, and possibly work some saturdays and less than 10 hours a week, (screams high schooler to me-nothing wrong with that). But, the clincher...they might ...."might" be home by 6....or 6:15....or 6:30....maybe later.... hahahahahaha
Such idiots!
I was bummed at first(when I saw their CL ad) but then someone who knew them came to me and told me what douchebags they are anyways. (as if that ad didn't prove it)HA
sometimes CL can be awesome! Totally dodged the moron bullet!!!!
cheerfuldom 06:52 PM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
That is not all that far off of what I charge. I have no problem with part time kids, and that is fairly close. Would be more like $12 a day, though, and you bring the kid to me, and pick up, on time.
The big thing with people like this is the desire to dictate my prices. Anytime a parent says "I will pay" instead of "what do you charge?" they typically do not get chosen to be here.
it wasn't so much the amount, just the fact that this is far off the norm for my area for rates. i just paid a teenager $20 for 90 minutes tonight to babysit so my husband and i could go to a bible study.
Tags:craigslist oddities, facebook
Reply Up