Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Blackcat-Question For You On Your Flat Rate
Country Kids 02:59 PM 04-18-2012
Do all your parents have the same schedule each day?

Heres my dilema. A few of my parents work manufacturing. One week they may need me 8 hours, next week 10, the next week 9, or it may stay the same for a few months as in the same hours each week.

It can also change daily depending on their work.

This is why I was thinking of just a flat rate for everyone and all the same amount.
Blackcat31 03:20 PM 04-18-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Do all your parents have the same schedule each day?

Heres my dilema. A few of my parents work manufacturing. One week they may need me 8 hours, next week 10, the next week 9, or it may stay the same for a few months as in the same hours each week.

It can also change daily depending on their work.

This is why I was thinking of just a flat rate for everyone and all the same amount.
Most of mine do have the same schedule. For the ones who have changing pick up times, I try to just make an estimate of what they would use on average and then give them a rate that corresponds to that. If I ever feel as though they are abusing or under using the time, we re-visit the rate and will re do it to better meet each of our needs.

I am not out to screw anyone as far as payments and rates and I expect the same courtesy from them too so it all works.

If you PM me your e-mail I will send you my rate sheet so you can see how I write it out!
daycare 03:26 PM 04-18-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Most of mine do have the same schedule. For the ones who have changing pick up times, I try to just make an estimate of what they would use on average and then give them a rate that corresponds to that. If I ever feel as though they are abusing or under using the time, we re-visit the rate and will re do it to better meet each of our needs.

I am not out to screw anyone as far as payments and rates and I expect the same courtesy from them too so it all works.

If you PM me your e-mail I will send you my rate sheet so you can see how I write it out!
yeah I was going to ask that too. I have one family that picks up anywehre from 430 to 6pm. They are my only family that is allowed to do this and they pay extra for it, which I am getting tired of trying to keep up with the bill....
Country Kids 04:32 PM 04-18-2012
This is why hourly is working for me right now. They just have to pay more when they are here longer. They are actually working so its not like they are being "punished" for the time but with hourly they quickly see how it adds up.

Thinking though that charging a flat rate will help me know better how much I will be bringing in a month.
3myjob 06:35 PM 04-18-2012
My aunt used to run a daycare and what she did may work for you.

She charged a rate of $2.00/hr but had a minimum weekly rate of $80.00/week per child.

So basically if child attends 40 hours a week they pay $80.00 for that week of care. For every hour over 40 hours it was an extra $2.00. But say the next week the child for whatever reason doesn't attend for a couple days then the parent would still have to pay the minimum rate of $80.00.

Does that make sense?
Blackcat31 07:56 AM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
yeah I was going to ask that too. I have one family that picks up anywehre from 430 to 6pm. They are my only family that is allowed to do this and they pay extra for it, which I am getting tired of trying to keep up with the bill....
In your case I would find a happy medium and bill them your regular rate until 6:30 and perhaps just give them a slight discount to account for the days thsy pick up at 4:30. If they pick up only once a week at 6:30 then do the opposite and give then the rate until 4:30 and then add a small fee for the one extra day per week they need to pick up at 6:30.

Originally Posted by Country Kids:
This is why hourly is working for me right now. They just have to pay more when they are here longer. They are actually working so its not like they are being "punished" for the time but with hourly they quickly see how it adds up.

Thinking though that charging a flat rate will help me know better how much I will be bringing in a month.
My families give me schedules and payments on Firdays for the upcoming week (or two weeks). They know at that time what days and times they will be picking up so figuring the cost isn't hard to do or keep up with. If you are allwoing them to not tell you what time they are picking up and they are just getting there when they can each day, then I can see how it would be hard to bill them correctly and how it would be alot of work for you to figure.

I don't allow anyone give me a schedule without drop off AND pick up times already pre-arranged. If they work a job that isn't easy to figure what time they will get off, I guess this sounds mean, but it isn't my problem. If that were the case, I would bill them until the latest pick up and that would just be one of those things they have to suck up as it is due to their job NOT mine. Kwim?

YES!! Flat rates, whether weekly, daily or monthly give you a much clearer idea of exactly how much money you will be bringing in so you cna budget a lot better and easier.
Tags:flat rate, rates, rates - flat fee
Reply Up