Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Infants
mountainside13 09:38 AM 09-27-2016
I had 2 current moms get pregnant pretty close together. The older infant is 6 months and has been here 4 months and the younger one is 4 weeks. She will start mid October. As the time gets closer, I'm starting to get more nervous. I haven't had 2 infants at the same time before, I've done a 1 infant limit.

Our house is an open floor plan and decently small so when the 1 infant wakes up in the middle of nap, he wakes up everyone. He currently sleeps in my sons room by himself both nap areas have a fan & noise machine. Adding another infant I'm afraid will make nap time even more difficult. Any tips, tricks, ideas for 2 infants would be greatly appreciated!
Controlled Chaos 12:30 PM 09-27-2016
Its challenging but doable. Just be super consistent with routines right away. I had a 6m and 3m once - they were super easy babies so it wasn't too bad. I put them on a schedule so that 1 baby was like 15min ahead of the other as far as bottles and needing a nap, so they weren't typically freaking out at the same time. I wore them sometimes. I didn't do much Prek or cool projects with the big kids for like 6 months though I would try and do one send home thing a week for parents to put on the fridge (so I felt productive lol, but I don't think the parents were worried about it). I did a lot of easy super engaging centers with the big kids to keep them occupied. Lots of play dough, paper and crayons, "special" manipulatives I only got out at certain times of the day, pipe cleaners and caulenders, quiet sensory tubes, and I played my favorite chill music to keep me calm Those babies could sing all of Paul Simon's music and the Garden State soundtrack by the time those babies starting cruising
mountainside13 06:32 AM 09-28-2016
Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better!
Reply Up