Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Going Back To My Closing Time
melissa ann 11:01 AM 02-25-2012
Okay. I posted a few days ago about wanting to term a family. The kids are horrible and are here past my closing time. I took them in Dec. The longer hours is not working for me. I decided to to give notice that effective March 19 I would no longer be able to provide childcare after 5pm. DCM didn't pick up yesterday. her sister did. I gave her the notice and the March newsletter. The kids are horrible and the 3 yr old boy wasn't out on the sidelines more than he was playing yesterday. I have to put him on a stool in the middle of the room because if I sit him at the table or anywhere near other things,he will throw them across the room. I think some of the kids issue is that 1/parents are divorced(they spend every other weekend with dad) and 2/ they are in daycare or school all day. They get dropped off by 7:10 and don't get picked up until 5:45.
countrymom 12:02 PM 02-25-2012
hmm, I had a kid like this too. He was really good till mom starting staying home and he was coming here part time (he started off full time) I started to find that the last 45min would drag on forever. When I switched to 5pm closing time, it was like a weight was lifted. Oh this kid also went to bed at 7pm, so they spent no face time with him at all.
melissa ann 05:58 AM 02-27-2012
Well,this morning at drop off, dcm didn't say anything to me. Normally she will mention how the 3 yr boy was this morning (usually grumpy) and will say a few things to my kids. Like have fun at preschool to my son and something about school to my daughter since her middle child is in the same class as my daughter. I will give her a day or 2 then mention it to her to see if she was planning on keeping the kids here or not.
melissa ann 06:09 AM 02-29-2012
DCM still really hasn't said two words to me. Monday at pick up she hurried to get the kids out the door. Yesterday at pick-up her dad picked up the kids. Normally she lets me know if her sister or dad will be picking them up. During drops offs, she stays at the door and doesn't come in. I'm assuming she is annoyed with my going back to my closing time.
If these kids would behave, it wouldn't be so bad. But they can't. The 3 yr old boy broke a motorcycle toy on monday, a slinky yesterday and already today kicked my son 2 times. He was mad because the kids were playing in the kitchen set and he wanted to play something else.
The middle girl has been behaving. She will bring her ds and do that or play Ispy on my computer with my son. The oldest girl is little miss bossy and acts like her brother's mom. and heaven forbid if no body wants to play with him. Then everyone else is being mean. To her, it has nothing to do that her brother is one annoying, mean little boy.
Zoe 06:17 AM 02-29-2012
I haven't ever had a parent give me the silent treatment. That's terrible! Sorry you're going through this. If there's something you need to get out of her, then get down to her level, look her right in the eye and ask her what you need to ask her. If she still refuses to talk to you. Say "you know dcm, communication is very important to me and is important to taking the best care I can for your kids and if you continue giving me the silent treatment, we're going to have to end our contract immediately."
Tags:closing time
Reply Up