Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Calling Parents for Infant
mountainside13 07:42 AM 06-26-2014
At what point do you call parents to pick up an infant? She was a little fussy yesterday, mom drops off this morning and says she has been really fussy and older brother is home with a stomach bug. She was crying a little at first gave bottle and she fell asleep. Woke up 15 minutes later crying which turned to screaming. I have tried everything I can think of to calm her down but it's been almost an hour. Poor peanuts tummy is really hard and her legs are stiff and stretched out. She is definitely in pain She is normally a happy baby.

Oh and She's on acid reflux medicine
hope 08:05 AM 06-26-2014
I call for pick up if crying lasts an hour on and off. If it's a straight half hour I text dcm to discuss and unless she has some magical idea I ask for pick up. If the baby were new to you then crying can last longer. Since you know big brother has a stomach bug I would call immediately. You will probably be next! This is why I want to change my policy for sibling sickness. No need to contaminate everyone bc dcm wants to only deal with one sick child.
mountainside13 08:11 AM 06-26-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
I call for pick up if crying lasts an hour on and off. If it's a straight half hour I text dcm to discuss and unless she has some magical idea I ask for pick up. If the baby were new to you then crying can last longer. Since you know big brother has a stomach bug I would call immediately. You will probably be next! This is why I want to change my policy for sibling sickness. No need to contaminate everyone bc dcm wants to only deal with one sick child.
She is quietly crying/whimpering right now :-( I should probably add the sibling sickness! Older brother (2.5) isn't in my daycare so they could just not tell me when he's sick. I texted mom and told her I would give the baby a little bit longer but she will probably need to be picked up.
I hate it when kids get sick especially infants! :-(
Blackcat31 08:58 AM 06-26-2014
My policies say I will not keep an infant that cries for 60 minutes and will not keep one that intermittently cries on and off for 2 hours.

I also will not keep an infant that does not eat for more than 3 hours.

I think putting the timeline helps parents be more prepared and helps during the interview because I can address those policies better and explain WHY I have them.

FWIW, I am not referring to regular crying but the "I'm sick", uncomfortable or just not feeling good type of cry.
mountainside13 10:07 AM 06-26-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My policies say I will not keep an infant that cries for 60 minutes and will not keep one that intermittently cries on and off for 2 hours.

I think putting the timeline helps parents be more prepared and helps during the interview because I can address those policies better and explain WHY I have them.

FWIW, I am not referring to regular crying but the "I'm sick", uncomfortable or just not feeling good type of cry.
Thank you! I should put that in my contract. I rarely take infants so my infant section is pretty bare.
CraftyMom 10:12 AM 06-26-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Blackcat would you mind posting or pming me your infant policy? I am starting a new infant soon (breast fed) and I want to make sure I've covered everything in my policies. Yours are pretty thorough
Blackcat31 10:51 AM 06-26-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Blackcat would you mind posting or pming me your infant policy? I am starting a new infant soon (breast fed) and I want to make sure I've covered everything in my policies. Yours are pretty thorough
I sure can/.... Im outside and posting with one hand right now so I will do it this afternoon if you can hang tight til then.
CraftyMom 11:00 AM 06-26-2014
Thanks!
Tags:cio, cry it out, crying infant, how long to cry, not feeling well, sending infant home
Reply Up