Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Are Your Favorite Child Development Books?
hellothere94 06:39 PM 04-02-2017
I've been reading some child/parenting books so I can understand the psychology of young children from different perspectives. I just finished the book "It's OK Not to Share" by Heather Shumaker and thought it was really interesting and that the points made in the book could be used in a daycare setting.

Have you read any books that have helped improve the quality of your daycare or deepened your understanding of your daycare children?
CalCare 10:15 PM 04-02-2017
"No Bad Kids" and "Elevating Childcare"
Pestle 05:07 PM 04-03-2017
So far, most of my reading has been catchup to try to deal with challenging behaviors. Ross Greene's The Explosive Child, for instance. But I'd like to see what everyone else thinks should be standard reading!
Cat Herder 06:09 AM 04-04-2017
I have too many to list. But here is a good start.

A Mothers Job, The History of Daycare - Elizabeth Rose

The Great Disconnect in Early Childhood Education: What We Know vs. What We Do - Michael Gramling

Defending Childhood: Keeping the Promise of Early Education - Linda Darling-Hammond

A Mandate for Playful Learning in Preschool: Presenting the Evidence - Kathy Hirsh-Pasek, Roberta Michnick Golinkoff

The Promise of Preschool: From Head Start to Universal Pre-Kindergarten - Elizabeth Rose

Critical Pedagogy: Notes from the Real World - Joan Wink
Tags:books, child development, training courses
Reply Up