Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>After Hours Care
Lyss 05:27 PM 05-19-2012
Do any of you ever off a parent's night out or accept children for special occasions on weekends? if so what do you charge?

I have a family that started a few weeks ago. They just relocated to our area from across the country and have no family here (different family from the one in my other recent post). They have recently asked about me watching DCG one Saturday (she's M-F normally) for their anniversary. I'm on the fence, I really like them but I don't want this to become a habit.

Is this something that you would do occasionally? If you do, what do you charge? the normal daily rate or something additional?

Thanks!
thatdivalady 05:54 PM 05-19-2012
I actually operate in the evenings and weekends. I charge hourly rates for folks who only need a few hours ($15 per hour). I also charge double my normal rates on the weekend, so $65 for the day.
nothingwithoutjoy 06:36 PM 05-19-2012
I don't do it often, but I charge $12/hour for extra time. I also offer parents 2 evenings out a year (until 8), as a perk.
3girls 08:24 PM 05-19-2012
I offer it as a perk for families who pay on time and in full. My weekend families pay $50/day.
bluemoose_mom 02:26 PM 05-20-2012
I will do four nights a month, on a first come, first serve basis regardless of who. So if one family plans four date nights a month, I am full that month and won't do it for another family.
I however do not do care on weekends.
I charge an $11.00 an hour for after hour care.

If you want to do this, but don't want it to become a habit, I would add something into your contract limiting how many hours, or days extra you would do.
DaisyMamma 06:01 PM 05-20-2012
My question to you is this. Is this the same family that wants to be best friends? If so it might be best not to. There are always teenagers around willing to do after hours jobs.
Lyss 09:40 PM 05-20-2012
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
My question to you is this. Is this the same family that wants to be best friends? If so it might be best not to. There are always teenagers around willing to do after hours jobs.
Different family! I've had 3 new families start that all have recently relocated to our area from different states. I agree with you if it was the mom that wanted to be best buddies!

Thanks everyone for your advice!
DaisyMamma 03:01 AM 05-21-2012
Not too bad an idea then.
Tags:after hours care
Reply Up