Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CDC's Ventilation Recommendations
dolores 08:27 AM 03-02-2021
CDC's ventilation recommendations for schools and childcare programs including in-home daycares: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...C_2067-DM50973.

I don't have a central HVAC system so looking to get a portable air cleaner and some window fans to increase air flow as CDC is suggesting. Anyone using an air cleaning/filtering system they are happy with to recommend? What are the ways you are increasing airflow and keeping air clean in your daycare space?
coloradoprovider 12:24 PM 03-02-2021
I purchased an AirDoctor cleaner for large spaces. It was not cheap. Around $500, but I had some grant money that was to go to Covid related expenses. I have had it since the end of October. One of my childcare families got Covid (two of their children are part of my childcare). We had to shut down, but no one else got sick. At least one of the families specifically attributes the lack of Covid spreadiing to the air cleaner. I also have some Germ Guardian units in the sleeping rooms (bedrooms). I had one unit prior to Covid to help my husband's allergies. None of the units creates ozone, and all have UV light to kill bacteria and viruses. Even in the absence of Covid, I think purifying the air helps with flu and cold germs as well.

Another plus for the air purifiers vs. regular fans is that since they are sealed units, the fan blades aren't exposed.
dolores 04:56 PM 03-02-2021
Thank you! What level of noise do the AirDoctor and Germ Guardian make?
coloradoprovider 11:23 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by dolores:
Thank you! What level of noise do the AirDoctor and Germ Guardian make?
I think they're pretty quiet, quieter than a box fan.
Snowmom 09:06 AM 03-04-2021
I have 3 Germ Guardian air purifiers. I love them that much.
I have seasonal allergies and definitely notice when they're not running.
As far as Covid goes, who knows if they really help filter those particles that are airborne. Although two of my models also have a UV light, which may help.
dolores 01:45 PM 03-08-2021
Thank you so much for your feedback!
Tags:air conditioning, air filters, air purifier, air sanitizer, air sterilization system
Reply Up