Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hate Tax Season.....
B Lou 11:42 AM 04-04-2012
I hate it when my parents that are on daycare assistance start telling me what they plan on buying with ALL their tax money they are receiving. My husband and I get very little back, if we're lucky enough to not have to pay in. And it just chaps my butt that some of them live in a nicer house than mine and get back thousands of $$ back.
I believe if you receive any state assistance you should have to give a % of your tax money back to the state. Why is it fair that my taxes are going towards paying my income and they get to have all the money at the end of tax season?
MsMe 12:05 PM 04-04-2012
I only have one but she gets her taxes done ASAP and talks endlessley about her mega refund.

I am single, no kids, and self employed so I pay thousands.

The amount that I pay is not unfair. What drives me nuts is that she gets asst for EVERYTHING food, daycare, housing--did I mention she lives in the SAME town houses I do?-- and so all her pay can go to extras for her and her two children.

I think anyone on asst should have to forfit ALL of their refund (up to the amount in asst they recieved for the year)
B Lou 12:34 PM 04-04-2012
I agree with you about having to pay back they received in assistance. It's annoying listening to them tell me all the stuff their getting and all the great places their going. I want to just scream at them.
littlemissmuffet 08:19 AM 04-05-2012
I don't take families on assistance, but my best friend is on assistance. She gets breaks on housing, daycare, food - pretty much everything and has a difficult time keeping a job or going to school on a regular basis and ends up with a huge tax return each year. Then theres me who works 50+ hours per week, makes enough money to basically get by and end up owing thousands in taxes each year.

Not fair, indeed.

However - it's worth knowing that everything I own I worked for, that every dollar I spend is MY OWN and I am proud of myself for all my hard work and what I have to show for it
B Lou 09:26 AM 04-05-2012
Yes I have to agree. Everything we have we have worked so hard for. It still just chaps butt. I was never able to take our 3 children to Disney world or Disney land. And it ticks me off when a family on assistance tell me not only are they going to one of these places but their flying down there and staying at the Hotel at Disney world. That's right on our hard earned tax money. I live in Northern MN. A big trip for our family was going to the cities for the weekend.
3girls 04:32 PM 04-05-2012
It must be frustrating to hear that Whatever I get back in taxes I put back into my business or savings.

I just want to clarify a couple of things. You can't get any extra money at tax time unless you worked during the year, so its impossible for someone to sit on their butt all year long and rake it in at tax time. And as far assistance goes, the amount you pay in is according to your income, so the more you earn the more rent and daycare you pay and the less food stamps you qualify for.
MizzCheryl 09:09 PM 04-05-2012
Originally Posted by B Lou:
I hate it when my parents that are on daycare assistance start telling me what they plan on buying with ALL their tax money they are receiving. My husband and I get very little back, if we're lucky enough to not have to pay in. And it just chaps my butt that some of them live in a nicer house than mine and get back thousands of $$ back.
I believe if you receive any state assistance you should have to give a % of your tax money back to the state. Why is it fair that my taxes are going towards paying my income and they get to have all the money at the end of tax season?
And come March some of them are already broke again.
Worse when they start buying stuff and don't catch up their daycare they are behind on. (my dear friend has this problem)
DCMom 05:14 AM 04-06-2012
Originally Posted by 3girls:
I just want to clarify a couple of things. You can't get any extra money at tax time unless you worked during the year, so its impossible for someone to sit on their butt all year long and rake it in at tax time. And as far assistance goes, the amount you pay in is according to your income, so the more you earn the more rent and daycare you pay and the less food stamps you qualify for.
True, but the EIC is a refundable credit that often gives large returns to people who paid in virtually $0 for taxes. That's what so frustrating to those of us who 'earn income' with no assistance, pay in thousands to the tax system and get very little in the way of a refund.

I do taxes for many family members. I've see it every single year. You would be quite frustrated to see the amount of $$ some people get for 'free' each year.

Just my 2 cents worth
Blackcat31 07:08 AM 04-06-2012
Originally Posted by DCMom:
True, but the EIC is a refundable credit that often gives large returns to people who paid in virtually $0 for taxes. That's what so frustrating to those of us who 'earn income' with no assistance, pay in thousands to the tax system and get very little in the way of a refund.

I do taxes for many family members. I've see it every single year. You would be quite frustrated to see the amount of $$ some people get for 'free' each year.

Just my 2 cents worth
yes, what she said.

Tax time is a frustrating time for people who work tons of hours for little or no return to hear about those who put in little or no hours but get tons in return.

Only in America.....
MrsB 08:09 AM 04-06-2012
This is mostly a vent in regards to the tax thing and I love my family but......

It has been about 3-5 tax seasons that have gone by now where 3 of my siblings have gotten back large tax returns getting the EIC (yes they work but have pretty low wages) and I have yet to be paid back for money that I loaned to them. Granted, I knew what I was doing when I loaned them the money, I never really expected to see it be paid back. But still frustrating that they see this as "free" money to spend rather than putting it into savings for an emergency fund. Guess they dont need to do that when they already have an emergency fund! (me) In addition, I live 2800 miles from family and miss them all sooooo much. If I visit then we have to go there which means the expense is on our backs. If they miss me so much as they say they do why didnt their returns go to tickets to come see us? Sad that my sisters new car rims were more important than the money I sent her to pay her retainer fee when her ex was sueing for custody, or more important than coming and seeing her awesome sister, brother in law, and super awesome neices and nephew!

Thanks for letting me join your vent!
Reply Up