Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Folks, it CAN be Done!
Heidi 12:01 PM 09-10-2014
LO started here in July at the age of 9 months. She'd been with an unregulated provider who had her sleeping in a swing for naps, with a bottle (I think).

The first couple weeks, she screamed everytime I even got her close to that bed.

She just turned a year old. As of this week, she is taking one 3-3 1/2 hour nap. She waves "night night" to the other kids, I put her in her pnp, she cuddles her blanket, sticks her tush in the air, and doesn't say a PEEP!

Yesterday I had to wake her up after 3 1/2 hours for snack and pick up. She is a dang ray of freakin' sunshine, and I absolutely LOVE having her here.

I'm not braggin'. I'm telling this because I want those of you who are struggling with non-sleepers to know that consistency and patience and tough-love work!
craftymissbeth 12:03 PM 09-10-2014
that's what I like to hear!
TwinKristi 12:54 PM 09-10-2014
Awesome!!!
I was so terrified of naps with the 10 month old (now 12mos) DCG I have because mom cosleeps and breastfeeds and had been home for the first 10 months. She naps really well now and I can't help but be proud!! Her mom was so shocked because she will NOT go to sleep in the crib for mom. I don't think mom can handle the crying though.
Second Home 01:38 PM 09-10-2014

taylorw1210 01:43 PM 09-10-2014
Love these happy stories! We need to hear more of them!

I had a 13 mo. dcg start a few weeks ago - she screamed bloody murder anytime I laid her down. I could walk out of my house and to my mailbox and still hear her! She slept 3 hours today with not one peep of a cry!
TaylorTots 01:45 PM 09-10-2014

Heidi 01:47 PM 09-10-2014
Originally Posted by taylorw1210:
Love these happy stories! We need to hear more of them!

I had a 13 mo. dcg start a few weeks ago - she screamed bloody murder anytime I laid her down. I could walk out of my house and to my mailbox and still hear her! She slept 3 hours today with not one peep of a cry!
haha! THAT's who was crying while my kids were sleeping. I was wondering!
BrooklynM 01:52 PM 09-10-2014
YAY!!! Cheers to provider sanity!!!
renodeb 01:56 PM 09-10-2014

Annalee 06:49 PM 09-10-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
LO started here in July at the age of 9 months. She'd been with an unregulated provider who had her sleeping in a swing for naps, with a bottle (I think).

The first couple weeks, she screamed everytime I even got her close to that bed.

She just turned a year old. As of this week, she is taking one 3-3 1/2 hour nap. She waves "night night" to the other kids, I put her in her pnp, she cuddles her blanket, sticks her tush in the air, and doesn't say a PEEP!

Yesterday I had to wake her up after 3 1/2 hours for snack and pick up. She is a dang ray of freakin' sunshine, and I absolutely LOVE having her here.

I'm not braggin'. I'm telling this because I want those of you who are struggling with non-sleepers to know that consistency and patience and tough-love work!
Consistency is the key!
Meyou 02:42 AM 09-11-2014
Love! It's the best feeling in the world to get a cranky little one napping and happy.
Sugar Magnolia 03:21 AM 09-11-2014
Heidi, remember my little dude who screamed screamed screamed must of the day?! He is also doing super well now and is my ray of sunshine! It took almost 3 months to get him acclimated, but he made it! Learning to walk REALLY helped. Thanks for your advice, you helped me make it through!:-)
daycare 07:49 AM 09-11-2014
I got mine down too. It took a full two weeks and shes a bit older. Nothing worse than trying to nap an AP child.

My ears don't ring for hours anymore.
llpa 07:56 AM 09-11-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:

This is seriously awesome!!!
Dilley Beans 01:36 PM 09-11-2014
They say the first child is the hardest because you think everything you do will ruin them. Most get over that with the second. I wonder if most DCPs relax with number 2 and finally realize how a provider really can manage more than one child, more than one age of children, etc. Congrats on the happy napping!
Reply Up