Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question about Potty Training
Snowbunny 05:15 PM 01-20-2015
I have an almost 3 yr. old (will be 3 in 2 months), daycare boy who is not yet potty trained. He is showing interest when I ask him about sitting on the potty chair/toilet. The thing I'm having issues with is that when I put him on the potty chair/toilet, there is almost nothing to his little boy *thing*, and I'm not sure how to keep him from peeing all over the place. In the past, I've had the little boys either hold it down, or push it down, and then put their legs together to keep it in place. How do any of you deal with this? I haven't talked to his parents about it, as they really haven't started potty training at home yet. Any suggestions?
BrooklynM 05:29 PM 01-20-2015
They can either hold it down or they can lean forward so it goes in. I just tell them to keep watching it. It doesn't take too long for me to get them to be able to pee standing up. They must have good aim though or else it's back to sitting down. My son is now 13 and he is spotless. Never ever does he pee outside the toilet. When his friends come over I wonder what their bathrooms must be like at home!
Unregistered 05:39 PM 01-20-2015
Have him sit backwards on the potty with his face facing the wall. It forces boys to lean in more and with my experiences, they tend to not miss.
Reply Up