Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sweet Reward For A Backbone
Zoe 08:05 AM 01-22-2013
My hours are 6:30-5:00, but I have a dcm who is starting a clinical day at school and needs to drop off dcb at 5:30 one day a week. Not fun but I agreed because it's only temporary.

So Monday morning I'm up ready (and not feeling great with the second cold of the season for myself) at 5:30 and they don't show up! At 6:18 I text dcm asking where she is. Then when I don't hear from her I'm assuming she overslept and forgot to tell me she's not coming. It's happened before but at 9am so I wasn't annoyed when I texted her.

At 6:30 when everyone else arrived I texted dcm saying "I don't know what happened if your class was canceled or what. I hope you're ok. But please know that if this happens again there will be an inconvenience fee of 25 dollars and a serious reconsideration of this early drop off.

An hour later she texts me saying "oh my god I am so sorry! Dcb is sick and I am not bringing him today. I was going to text you last night but I fell asleep!"

Grumpy and tired me was glad that we were texting because I was finding it hard to keep my composure. So knowing I made my point across already I just let her know that I was sorry dcb was sick and to please let me know by 9:30 that night if he wouldn't be returning the next day. She did that. The dcb ended up having pink eye and won't be here today.

Today she shows up with the check for the week and a HUGE box of chocolates to apologize for me being up for no reason. Yay backbone! And yay for great clients who respect my policies! She knew she messed up and I really appreciated the gesture.

Just had to share!
daycarediva 08:17 AM 01-22-2013
That's awesome! Enjoy your chocolates, you earned them!
MarinaVanessa 08:18 AM 01-22-2013
Whoohoo!! I know that we sometimes forget things but stuff like this is really a "hot spot" for me ... it instantly gets me annoyed. Parents don't realize how inconvenient and frustrating it is until you oversleep and leave them waiting outside for an hour THEN they're mad and upset.

I'm glad that you used your backbone and that not only did you prevent this from happening again your DCM felt bad you got "guilt" chocolates. That's what I call presents when someone screws up .
Michael 07:00 PM 01-22-2013
Let's see where is it??....... aahh here it is

You get to put that in your photo gallery here.
Zoe 07:41 AM 01-23-2013
Thanks Michael!
Tags:backbone
Reply Up