Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

Question Does Anyone Know How Far a Daycare Needs to Be from Another?

I'm interested in finding out if anyone here knows how far or close a Family Licensed Daycare needs to be from one another. I would appreciate it so much. I could not find any information online.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:50 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

No regulations on that.

My neighbor across the street had one and the house directly behind him is one.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

Same here! There are tons of unregulated homes providing care here....with a few licensed homes around as well and several centers in the mix!
Old 04-27-2016, 11:54 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

There are no regs for this.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:10 PM
starting daycare someday

It's all supply and demand. If there are 10 within a block and they are all full, another one would likely also be successful.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:11 PM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

No regulations as far as licensing that I know of. You might run into a zoning/ variance issue if you're in a residential area. That would be completely up to your local city.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:21 PM
Daycare.com Member

You'll have to check your local ordinances for this. I have one across the street from me and one around the corner.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
Same here! There are tons of unregulated homes providing care here....with a few licensed homes around as well and several centers in the mix!
Yep, same here... the only thing is certain counties (like mine) have to sign off on your childcare business if you go licensed and are renting a mobile home lot even though you own the house, otherwise, no regs - I'm licensed exempt & know of a minimum of 6 others within a half mile of me, plus there are the 3 licensed centers within one mile;There was a licensed home in the Park when I moved here 2.5 years ago but she closed...
Old 04-27-2016, 01:51 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell'skidfarm View Post
I'm interested in finding out if anyone here knows how far or close a Family Licensed Daycare needs to be from one another. I would appreciate it so much. I could not find any information online.
You're in my state so I can answer that. There is no licensing regulation. If you're large and require a permit, many cities require a distance of 500 feet. If you're small, you don't need to worry about it.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:26 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedmommy4 View Post
You're in my state so I can answer that. There is no licensing regulation. If you're large and require a permit, many cities require a distance of 500 feet. If you're small, you don't need to worry about it.
In California too and this is my understanding as well. Seems like there are more large daycare homes than those only 500 feet apart but..... it is important to know when planning.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:54 PM
Daycare.com Member

Thank you for all the replies, has been helpful to read the many responses.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:47 PM
Daycare.com Member

Far enough that their kids don't wake your kids at nap time!

Tags
california - regulations, competition