Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:32 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Really nice playmats (area rug)

Some of you may remember me. I was pretty active here until I retired from daycare two years or so ago. I still read here occasionally.

Anyway, I now do freelance writing as a hobby. I am a ghostwriter writing blog posts for various businesses.

When I saw this product, I couldn't wait to write about it. I would have loved it as a provider. It is a kid sturdy mat but is as big as an area rug. For those who don't have a separate room for daycare and even for those who do, these are way prettier than the multicolored ones that come in sections. This looks like a real rug in your room so you don't have to remove it when the kiddies leave. My post about it isn't on the site yet although they gave me 5 stars (highest rating) . It is not scheduled to be posted for another month or so. The rug appears to be on sale now for $25 off.

So just wanted to give you a heads up. I used to like my daycare to not look like a classroom. Even if you do and are going with more subtle rather than bright colors, these are pretty. Anyway, they are here https://comfortdesignmats.com/collections/all.

I hope this isn't considered an advertisement. I get no kick back for promoting these (although I wish I did ).

Also, if anybody likes to write, you should check out where I write because it is great for a side income or extra cash. You just need a computer and they are soooo nice to work for. There is a writer's forum with a lot of great people. We have fun! It is www.blogmutt.com. You can write as little or as much as you want for whatever customer you want. Always plenty of work.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

Those are pretty. Thanks Laurel
Old 09-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Daycare.com Member

You're welcome.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:00 PM
Daycare.com Member

oh wow! Those look really neat! I wish i had the money to replace my area rugs with those! The rugs do not add much cushion on our hard floors.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
Some of you may remember me. I was pretty active here until I retired from daycare two years or so ago. I still read here occasionally.

Anyway, I now do freelance writing as a hobby. I am a ghostwriter writing blog posts for various businesses.

When I saw this product, I couldn't wait to write about it. I would have loved it as a provider. It is a kid sturdy mat but is as big as an area rug. For those who don't have a separate room for daycare and even for those who do, these are way prettier than the multicolored ones that come in sections. This looks like a real rug in your room so you don't have to remove it when the kiddies leave. My post about it isn't on the site yet although they gave me 5 stars (highest rating) . It is not scheduled to be posted for another month or so. The rug appears to be on sale now for $25 off.

So just wanted to give you a heads up. I used to like my daycare to not look like a classroom. Even if you do and are going with more subtle rather than bright colors, these are pretty. Anyway, they are here https://comfortdesignmats.com/collections/all.

I hope this isn't considered an advertisement. I get no kick back for promoting these (although I wish I did ).

Also, if anybody likes to write, you should check out where I write because it is great for a side income or extra cash. You just need a computer and they are soooo nice to work for. There is a writer's forum with a lot of great people. We have fun! It is www.blogmutt.com. You can write as little or as much as you want for whatever customer you want. Always plenty of work.
They are really cute! I just might buy one as I've been looking for a new area rug to brighten up my main space.

The patterns are cute and not overly busy.... Im kind of over the bright bold colors every preschool or ece catalog offers for rug choices so these seem like a refreshing change of pace.

On a personal note, I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were doing.
I am hoping you and your family) have been able to find a new sense of normal.... Hoping your GK's are doing well too. You have all been in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:20 PM
Daycare.com Member

How do you clean these? Are they like foam mats that can be cleaned with a mop or....? I love the look of them too and would love to replace my old rug with them - they are a little small for my space, but maybe with two it would be perfect! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-30-2016, 03:49 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjaime View Post
How do you clean these? Are they like foam mats that can be cleaned with a mop or....? I love the look of them too and would love to replace my old rug with them - they are a little small for my space, but maybe with two it would be perfect! Thanks for the heads up!
That's a good question. I don't see it on their website. Maybe you could contact them. They should have that somewhere unless I missed it.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
They are really cute! I just might buy one as I've been looking for a new area rug to brighten up my main space.

The patterns are cute and not overly busy.... Im kind of over the bright bold colors every preschool or ece catalog offers for rug choices so these seem like a refreshing change of pace.

On a personal note, I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were doing.
I am hoping you and your family) have been able to find a new sense of normal.... Hoping your GK's are doing well too. You have all been in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks Blackcat, we are doing okay. A new normal is a good way to put it. The kids are doing a lot better than I thought they would so that is very comforting to us. Some sad moments but from the outside they appear to be adjusting very well. My other son who has always wanted children but never had them is also taking them under his wing and they love him so that also helps.

Thanks for thinking of us.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:09 AM
Daycare.com Member

I really like these tiles/rugs! I have wanted to replace the rug in our laundry room - these may be perfect.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjaime View Post
On the description of one it said you could wipe clean with a damp cloth.