Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:48 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Thanks for The Backbone. Update On Immediate Pull

Just got off the phone with dcm whose husband pulled over phone on Monday no notice. She was so thankful for everything we did for dcb. Even mentioned, because of us she has high expectations and if there were more daycares and people like us things would be better. She said she can't find a daycare for her son because it is so hard to find a place after having him in our care. Even went as far as to ask was their care terminated even though she didn't write a notice and asked if his slot was already filled.

Yes I am getting payment tomorrow. This goes to show when you do the right thing, people will notice. She feels bad for how her husband handled things and was trying to mend it. I know by saying she couldn't find another daycare she might have expected me to say we would take him back. But I stuck to my guns, and let her know I wish her the best of luck in finding a daycare. There are no bad feelings on our end as they are overall a good family.

Think before you speak.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Good for you! I wouldn't take back someone who pulled with no notice either. Not being able to find other care is their "natural consequence".
Old 06-09-2016, 10:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriftylady View Post
Good for you! I wouldn't take back someone who pulled with no notice either. Not being able to find other care is their "natural consequence".
Yes. Too many risks with taking back in. What if they pull again even with a 2 week deposit. No thanks. I love dcb and hope they find somewhere awesome for him.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:53 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912 View Post
Just got off the phone with dcm whose husband pulled over phone on Monday no notice. She was so thankful for everything we did for dcb. Even mentioned, because of us she has high expectations and if there were more daycares and people like us things would be better. She said she can't find a daycare for her son because it is so hard to find a place after having him in our care. Even went as far as to ask was their care terminated even though she didn't write a notice and asked if his slot was already filled.

Yes I am getting payment tomorrow. This goes to show when you do the right thing, people will notice. She feels bad for how her husband handled things and was trying to mend it. I know by saying she couldn't find another daycare she might have expected me to say we would take him back. But I stuck to my guns, and let her know I wish her the best of luck in finding a daycare. There are no bad feelings on our end as they are overall a good family.

Think before you speak.
Great job!
Can you link the original post? I can't remember what happened.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenboo View Post
Great job!
Can you link the original post? I can't remember what happened.
Not sure how to link via mobile so the post was on 6/6/16 entitled Parents pull immediately Happy Monday or something like that.

http://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82995

Last edited by Blackcat31; 06-09-2016 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 06-09-2016, 02:28 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Quote:
Not sure how to link via mobile so the post was on 6/6/16 entitled Parents pull immediately Happy Monday or something like that.
If you have an iPhone you can capture anything on your screen by holding the on/off button on the side and also pressing the button on the bottom of your screen. You should hear a picture snap and I will appear in your images area.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Good for you! She would have never called you if this was not a ploy to have you back as her DCP, trust me.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
Good for you! She would have never called you if this was not a ploy to have you back as her DCP, trust me.
You know this has been such crazy week for me and my mind is all over that I didn't even realize that. She probably was calling to say how much she loves us and how she's having hard time finding new care to see if I would budge and say they can come back. Duhhhhhhh. I'm slow sorry. Welp. It is what it is.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
If you have an iPhone you can capture anything on your screen by holding the on/off button on the side and also pressing the button on the bottom of your screen. You should hear a picture snap and I will appear in your images area.
Thanks but I have Samsung.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:21 AM
Daycare.com Member

Question

Quote:

Think before you speak.
(^^bolding^^ by me)
~I know this thread is a couple of weeks old, but I'm just curious- Did she ever pay you?
Old 06-22-2016, 06:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

Of course not. I followed through with email and certified letter. Dcd called my husband and said they're not paying so we will see them in court.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:42 PM
New Daycare.com Member

How did court go?

Tags
backbone, notice not