Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Backbone Is Beginning To Grow !
Provider_Manda 08:03 PM 09-07-2012
Well I have been home daycare provider for 1 year and I will admit Im soft !! I always give in, allow parents to stay late and talk bend my schedule for them etc. You get the picture.

Well today my son was in a mood, and my first dcg shows up in a mood also. Well dcm will show up early, and just sit down on my couch and chit chat, or play on her phone or with the kids. Sometimes I can over look it, but when the dcg is in a mood it is better to drop off and leave.

This morning she is hanging on her, shouting "NO" ( she is 2) and whinning like crazy. After about 20 mins. of this nonsense I finally looked at her and told her it would be best if she would just go ahead and leave, and the dcg would be just fine once she left (which she always is after she is gone)

Sure enough once she went out the door, I picked up the dcg and told her that she was fine and there was nothing to be crying about..She looked at me and said "OK" and was fine..lol

But I finally stood up for myself. She always wants to stay and somedays I am just too busy for that. But when your making the problem worse, just do what you need to do and leave. At first I felt bad, but I got over it real quick..lol
angelicpretty 09:08 PM 09-07-2012
Awesome job
Tags:backbone
Reply Up