Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CA Regs
sharlan 01:33 PM 04-30-2013
Here's an interesting tidbit I just read in the CA Health & Safety code......... I'm not saying I agree with it 100%, just this is what CA is saying.

§ 1597.30. Legislative findings and declarations
The Legislature finds and declares:
(a) It has a responsibility to ensure the health and safety of children in family homes that provide day care.
(b) That there are insufficient numbers of regulated family day care homes in California.
(c) There will be a growing need for child day care facilities due to the increase in working parents.
(d) Many parents prefer child day care located in their neighborhoods in family homes.
(e) There should be a variety of child care settings, including regulated family day care homes, as suitable alternatives for parents.
(f) That the program to be operated by the state should be cost effective, streamlined, and simple to administer in order to ensure adequate care for children placed in family day care homes, while not placing undue burdens on the providers.
(g) That the state should maintain an efficient program of regulating family day care homes that ensures the provision of adequate protection, supervision, and guidance to children in their homes.
Tags:california - regulations, security
Reply Up