Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rollers!
Nisaryn 01:43 PM 09-10-2015
Howdy ya'll, long time no post...but I've been lurking! LOL.

Anyway, how do you all handle your rollers? I have two little ones (5m and 7m) who have realized that it's FUN to roll on the changing table which, of course, makes an awful mess if it's a poo-splosion as I like to call them (you know the ones...out the sides, up the back AND front, and even up to the neck?!). I've tried distracting them, singing/talking to them, but darn if it just seems to make them roll even more (my singing can't be that bad can it?).

If it was legal I would tape them down! I've had to completely clean off and sanitize my changing page three times today, a total of seven times this past week!
Leigh 01:55 PM 09-10-2015
I change them on the floor and put my legs on top of theirs to keep them in place. They quickly stop rolling around and kicking at me.
mommiebookworm 01:55 PM 09-10-2015
With my own daughter, I would hand her a toy. That usually kept her distracted long enough to change her.
Could you hang a mobile up? (I don't know if that's allowed)
jenboo 01:59 PM 09-10-2015
Deep breathes and wait for them to outgrow the stage
Unregistered 09:06 PM 09-10-2015
I have a 8 mos old who tries to roll but I just hold both feet in my left hand and wipe up with my right.
LysesKids 03:58 AM 09-11-2015
Originally Posted by Nisaryn:
Howdy ya'll, long time no post...but I've been lurking! LOL.

Anyway, how do you all handle your rollers? I have two little ones (5m and 7m) who have realized that it's FUN to roll on the changing table which, of course, makes an awful mess if it's a poo-splosion as I like to call them (you know the ones...out the sides, up the back AND front, and even up to the neck?!). I've tried distracting them, singing/talking to them, but darn if it just seems to make them roll even more (my singing can't be that bad can it?).

If it was legal I would tape them down! I've had to completely clean off and sanitize my changing page three times today, a total of seven times this past week!
I have a changing pad that is called a poo poose... it has velcro straps that hook around baby's waist & keeps them from rolling
http://poopoose.com/products/poopoos...r-changing-pad
butterfly 06:46 AM 09-11-2015
OK, I'm old. It MUST be time for me to retire... I thought you were talking about hair rollers. "how do you handle your rollers?" Well, I usually just throw them in a drawer in the bathroom...
jenboo 08:37 AM 09-11-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I have a changing pad that is called a poo poose... it has velcro straps that hook around baby's waist & keeps them from rolling
http://poopoose.com/products/poopoos...r-changing-pad
That looks neat but would be against licensing for me
Annalee 09:14 AM 09-11-2015
Originally Posted by jenboo:
That looks neat but would be against licensing for me
I was wondering about licensing here with this as well...but I really like it! I am going to ask licensing about it.
Nisaryn 03:30 PM 09-11-2015
Yeah, I cant use that with licensing...Ive tried holding the legs with one hand but then they just twist and turn and it (the poo) still gets everywhere I do have a mobile but to no avail, hmm. I was told I couldn't change them on the floor since it's in the same area they play in as all my kids are infants, oldest one is now 9m (I got a new kid after finally booting my random 15m old).

I'd like to see about moving my changing area so I could do it on the floor...that might actually help. Otherwise I'll just have to do what jenboo suggested LOL! But I have gotten pretty good at changing them backwards!
Leigh 06:59 PM 09-11-2015
Originally Posted by Nisaryn:
Yeah, I cant use that with licensing...Ive tried holding the legs with one hand but then they just twist and turn and it (the poo) still gets everywhere I do have a mobile but to no avail, hmm. I was told I couldn't change them on the floor since it's in the same area they play in as all my kids are infants, oldest one is now 9m (I got a new kid after finally booting my random 15m old).

I'd like to see about moving my changing area so I could do it on the floor...that might actually help. Otherwise I'll just have to do what jenboo suggested LOL! But I have gotten pretty good at changing them backwards!
I change on the floor because I just don't like using changing tables, and I don't want one taking up space. I use disposable sheets under the child when I change, and my state's licensing is OK with that. I change on a hard surface that is more easily disinfected than a changing table, too.
Reply Up