Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-19-2016, 07:22 AM
KristinsHomeCC's Avatar
KristinsHomeCC KristinsHomeCC is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 137
Default Website Applications?

I am starting to become very frustrated with my available spot and taking on a new client. I get very short intros from potential DCF's, where when I'm going into the interview, I only know a very small amount.

I'm the kind of gal to search your name on facebook and check you out before I meet with you in my home. I want to get a feel for someone before I meet them. That's just the way I am. I find some people are very short and just went to get their foot in my door to look around and that is not okay with me. This is MY business, and I only have 5 slots to have good relationships with families. I don't want to waste my time taking on a child only to have to terminate them because something didn't come up until a few days afterwards. I also find that people want to "stop by and check the place out" after work, and I'm also not okay with that. I like to bake cookies, I like to have things ready to distract kids. I want to know on Wedsneday, blah blah time, you'll be here. There's no stopping by buddy, sorry.

Oh goodness, ANYWAYS -- I am thinking about putting an application on my website. This will get their names, occupations, schedules etc. other info that I want to know before I meet with them, again - to not waste anymore of my time!

Does any one else do this? I want to be able to say,

"Okay great! Before we schedule an interview, would you mind hopping over to my website and filling out the online application? We can go from there!"

I use free website from WIX and it allows you to put online forms and such on it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-19-2016, 07:36 AM
LysesKids's Avatar
LysesKids LysesKids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC View Post
I am starting to become very frustrated with my available spot and taking on a new client. I get very short intros from potential DCF's, where when I'm going into the interview, I only know a very small amount.

I'm the kind of gal to search your name on facebook and check you out before I meet with you in my home. I want to get a feel for someone before I meet them. That's just the way I am. I find some people are very short and just went to get their foot in my door to look around and that is not okay with me. This is MY business, and I only have 5 slots to have good relationships with families. I don't want to waste my time taking on a child only to have to terminate them because something didn't come up until a few days afterwards. I also find that people want to "stop by and check the place out" after work, and I'm also not okay with that. I like to bake cookies, I like to have things ready to distract kids. I want to know on Wedsneday, blah blah time, you'll be here. There's no stopping by buddy, sorry.

Oh goodness, ANYWAYS -- I am thinking about putting an application on my website. This will get their names, occupations, schedules etc. other info that I want to know before I meet with them, again - to not waste anymore of my time!

Does any one else do this? I want to be able to say,

"Okay great! Before we schedule an interview, would you mind hopping over to my website and filling out the online application? We can go from there!"

I use free website from WIX and it allows you to put online forms and such on it.
I actually have a contact form on my website... it asks all the basics, inc day & night phone #'s. It states that I will call them within 24 hrs to chat (phone call is first interview) - I already know their names, age of baby, hours requested & when they want to start. A lot of times the comment section even holds where they work (I figure it out by email addresses also). My home page also states what openings are available (if any) or when will be coming up

I figure if they read the site in full, they already know rates, and policies, so if they send the contact page we might be a good fit.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2016, 08:15 AM
Mike's Avatar
Mike Mike is offline
starting daycare someday
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,502
Default

I'm not in the business yet, but for me, a website will be the starting point as well. Nothing wrong with exchanging some information before the interview.
__________________
Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
They are also our future.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-19-2016, 09:41 AM
thrivingchildcarecom's Avatar
thrivingchildcarecom thrivingchildcarecom is offline
thrivingchildcare.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: California
Posts: 393
Default

I think that is a great idea! I have a contact form on my website which gathers some info about a potential family. Last year I also began the process of placing my application, handbook and enrollment forms on the website too. Not only is it time saving, but also paper and hassle saving for me too.

One more thing; you might consider some sort of video tour so the parents can get an idea of your child care and want to schedule an actual visit. You can also set the times and days for your actual tours.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-19-2016, 10:30 AM
Mike's Avatar
Mike Mike is offline
starting daycare someday
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrivingchildcarecom View Post
One more thing; you might consider some sort of video tour so the parents can get an idea of your child care and want to schedule an actual visit.
Great idea. I never thought about that for my site. I will have to do that once I get located and set up.
__________________
Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
They are also our future.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-19-2016, 11:30 AM
lovemydaycare0912's Avatar
lovemydaycare0912 lovemydaycare0912 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 782
Default

I don't currently have a website. What I do is ask general questions and also ask potential clients fill out an enrollment app. I usually just send it to their email.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-19-2016, 11:35 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,443
Default

I do all screening before I am even willing to set up an interview.

Sometimes it's via e-mail and other times it's over the phone.
Depends on how initial contact was made.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-19-2016, 12:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I do all screening before I am even willing to set up an interview.

Sometimes it's via e-mail and other times it's over the phone.
Depends on how initial contact was made.
Exactly. Keeps me from wasting time. I keep an interview form on a clipboard so that I make sure to get everything I want before meeting.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-19-2016, 12:24 PM
CityGarden's Avatar
CityGarden CityGarden is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: The Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 1,662
Default

I too am just getting started but I think that is a great idea. I assume you don't need a full application just the basics so it really is an Inquiry Form. On the Contact Us page of your site you should be able to set up an Inquiry Form and that requires them to fill out a certain number of questions you set and it emails you.

If they call I would likely ask them the same questions verbally but you can say I would love to chat with you, let me email you my Inquiry Form so I can best answer your questions. For me I would just print up a couple and have them ready to go to just ask the questions right on the spot but I understand if you would rather they fill that out first.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-19-2016, 04:59 PM
NillaWafers's Avatar
NillaWafers NillaWafers is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: California
Posts: 593
Default

I have a wordpress site, my contact form has all the things I want to know (age, sex, full time or part-time, start date). It's saved me a lot of time so far. I also have a questionnaire I send parents after speaking with them.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-21-2016, 07:38 AM
Laurel's Avatar
Laurel Laurel is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,148
Default

I like the 'good 'ol days' when people just called and I got their information over the phone and scheduled an appointment. I want to get a feel for them by talking to them before I give them my address. I am home alone with children so don't want to have too much information on the internet. I am retired now but never had a website. I definitely would not put my address on the website. I'd give a general area.

I've had a few (very few, but still) pervert types call. I also didn't interview a prospective family with the daycare children there. I would interview them in the evening first and if they wanted to come see us in action, I'd let them come another day if they seemed okay.

I'm just saying this for new providers. If I were a parent, I would not want my provider having strangers in the house while my children were there.

A few times I've had someone just come to the door. I turned them away and told them to call for an appointment. The children's and my safety are a top priority.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-21-2016, 07:59 AM
LysesKids's Avatar
LysesKids LysesKids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
I like the 'good 'ol days' when people just called and I got their information over the phone and scheduled an appointment. I want to get a feel for them by talking to them before I give them my address. I am home alone with children so don't want to have too much information on the internet. I am retired now but never had a website. I definitely would not put my address on the website. I'd give a general area.

I've had a few (very few, but still) pervert types call. I also didn't interview a prospective family with the daycare children there. I would interview them in the evening first and if they wanted to come see us in action, I'd let them come another day if they seemed okay.

I'm just saying this for new providers. If I were a parent, I would not want my provider having strangers in the house while my children were there.

A few times I've had someone just come to the door. I turned them away and told them to call for an appointment. The children's and my safety are a top priority.
I never have my phone # or Address on any ads or on the website... my ads direct to the website, the website has a contact me page they can send to me if they ;like what they read... first time I talk to them is when I CALL. I also NEVER interview when babies are here - evenings only after hrs. As you said it's a safety thing for everyone involved
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-21-2016, 08:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Our addresses are considered public information and are on a million "daycare" sites online whether we like it or not.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-21-2016, 02:45 PM
Mike's Avatar
Mike Mike is offline
starting daycare someday
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
I like the 'good 'ol days' when people just called and I got their information over the phone and scheduled an appointment. I want to get a feel for them by talking to them before I give them my address. I am home alone with children so don't want to have too much information on the internet. I am retired now but never had a website. I definitely would not put my address on the website. I'd give a general area.

I've had a few (very few, but still) pervert types call. I also didn't interview a prospective family with the daycare children there. I would interview them in the evening first and if they wanted to come see us in action, I'd let them come another day if they seemed okay.

I'm just saying this for new providers. If I were a parent, I would not want my provider having strangers in the house while my children were there.

A few times I've had someone just come to the door. I turned them away and told them to call for an appointment. The children's and my safety are a top priority.
It's true that you should not put too much information on a website, especially addresses. There's enough info about all of us on there already.
__________________
Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
They are also our future.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-21-2016, 07:30 PM
LysesKids's Avatar
LysesKids LysesKids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Our addresses are considered public information and are on a million "daycare" sites online whether we like it or not.
Actually mine is hidden... being computer savvy, I limit where I actually let my address be known (my dad was a computer specialist); they can access an IP, but I don't always log into somewhere I actually am if you know what I mean.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-21-2016, 07:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysesKids View Post
Actually mine is hidden... being computer savvy, I limit where I actually let my address be known (my dad was a computer specialist); they can access an IP, but I don't always log into somewhere I actually am if you know what I mean.
It's actually quite easy to become invisible... Yep, I'm Lyseskids, but under a hidden weblink
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-22-2016, 02:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

As a parent I would be very leary of giving the information to you prior to meeting you. Privacy issues not withstanding. I have no idea who you are so to give you my information including where I work, when I won't be home ect.. I have no idea if you would then turn around and give my information to someone to rob my home.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-22-2016, 04:22 AM
LysesKids's Avatar
LysesKids LysesKids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As a parent I would be very leary of giving the information to you prior to meeting you. Privacy issues not withstanding. I have no idea who you are so to give you my information including where I work, when I won't be home ect.. I have no idea if you would then turn around and give my information to someone to rob my home.
Then I guess you wouldn't be using me as your childcare because I have the same concerns about you & your spouse; it's a two way trust thing. You are posting as an unregistered, so ... ?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-22-2016, 05:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In my state, licensed providers' address and phone number are public information.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-22-2016, 06:01 AM
LysesKids's Avatar
LysesKids LysesKids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In my state, licensed providers' address and phone number are public information.
And in some states providers are allowed to be legally license exempt (fewer kids)... I am background cleared and fingerprinted unlike some LE in my state because I take Shelter/Foster children for care; jumping those hoops can be more intense than being licensed. Also in my state, being that I work with babies only, I am still only allowed 4 children regardless of being licensed or not...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-22-2016, 07:03 AM
Mike's Avatar
Mike Mike is offline
starting daycare someday
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's actually quite easy to become invisible... Yep, I'm Lyseskids, but under a hidden weblink
You can post anonymously and use proxies to hide your IP address, but everyone has some information on the web. There is some that we have no control of, but it's surprising how much people do put up thinking it's safe because of where they put it. Quite often, information you give a company, to sign up, buy something, whatever, is publicly available, or becomes available.

We need to be very careful how much we provide over the Internet, and where we provide it, especially on forum. Almost all forums are searchable by search engines.
__________________
Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
They are also our future.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
contract, website, website for contract

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Website Owners.. If You Don't Mind Me Asking wahmof3 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 10 01-28-2014 11:42 AM
Full On Copy of my Website? WWYD? spinnymarie Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 44 11-26-2013 03:18 PM
My Website busymommy0420 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 01-15-2013 07:04 PM
Got My Call On My Website! Little People Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 14 03-11-2011 10:30 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:59 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming