Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-19-2019, 06:48 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Wisconsin Pay?

Anyone from Wisconsin? I may move back and am curious what a daycare teacher with a cda (just got it ) and lots of experience should ask for starting pay?
Old 01-20-2019, 06:50 PM
Daycare.com Member

I worked in Onalaska, WI ( basically part of La Crosse) for close to a year (2018). I think I worked at one of the highest paying centers in the area but I did know of one or two that paid as much.

I started at $14.00 but I gave a BA in elementary Ed/early childhood. I do check out different ads in lacrosse and Madison on Craigslist and it seems the pay isnít much different in Madison compared to LaX.

My guess is you would get around $11.00 to $12.00. Many places have sign on bonuses. There is definitely a shortage of child care teachers in LaX

They couldnít find anyone to take my place for 2 1/2 months! Werenít even getting applications.

What area do you want to move to? look up their Craigslist or indeed ads. Some do post starting wage. You might want to look into Head Start co-teacher. Lead needs a 4 year degree in WI but I see ads for co-teachers. Excellent benefits!
Old 01-21-2019, 08:26 AM
Daycare.com Member

I know you have lived here previously are you going back to the same area? In my area a lead at a center is lucky to get $10-$11 an hour. New centers are struggling as McDonalds and target are paying more. I am away from all major cities by at least 2 hours. I’m sure starting pay in those areas is better.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:15 PM
Daycare.com Member

Yes, at the time I quit Wal-Mart and Dairy Queen were advertising with sign out front $11.00/hr starting and I think Target was $12.00!
Old 01-21-2019, 04:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
I know you have lived here previously are you going back to the same area? In my area a lead at a center is lucky to get $10-$11 an hour. New centers are struggling as McDonalds and target are paying more. I am away from all major cities by at least 2 hours. Iím sure starting pay in those areas is better.
Probably not, I was in green bay but the future fiance lives a couple hours north of there, so its a crap shoot where we will end up. I make 12 now in chicago.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:15 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_babyb View Post
Probably not, I was in green bay but the future fiance lives a couple hours north of there, so its a crap shoot where we will end up. I make 12 now in chicago.
Ah man a couple hours north of GB I have NO idea what itís like up there. Iím in central WI.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:15 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
Ah man a couple hours north of GB I have NO idea what itís like up there. Iím in central WI.
North? humm, I'm originally from Marinette
Old 01-23-2019, 08:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

ah gotcha thatís also a good +2.5 hours from where I am. Legit 2-2.5 hours from everything lol

Tags
teacher pay, teacher pay - wisconsin, wisconsin provider