Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Have An Assistant? What Do You Recommend?
DaisyMamma 07:59 AM 02-09-2012
I have 2 kids interviewing tomorrow and it sounds promising. If I choose to allow them to enroll I will be getting $270/week more. The problem? one of the children is 18 months old, so I would have to hire an assistant for 2.5 days a week and there goes almost all of the $270. But it would only be until the kid turns 24 months...
I have a home day care and it's a small environment. The extra help would be nice, but........ I just can't decide
bunnyslippers 08:16 AM 02-09-2012
I was in the same boat. I was at capacity with 6, and then a new family with a baby came along. I decided to take the tuition towards paying the assistant. It's a wash financially, and now I have connected with a new family who will be with me for a few years, and I have the extra set of hands to make my life easier. If you can find a great assistant, I say Go For It!
TBird 08:27 AM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
I was in the same boat. I was at capacity with 6, and then a new family with a baby came along. I decided to take the tuition towards paying the assistant. It's a wash financially, and now I have connected with a new family who will be with me for a few years, and I have the extra set of hands to make my life easier. If you can find a great assistant, I say Go For It!
I agree. If you can make it a wash, I would give it a shot!
wdmmom 04:54 PM 02-09-2012
Once you train someone and have the help, itll be hard to ever going back to doing it alone! :-)
DaisyMamma 06:05 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Once you train someone and have the help, itll be hard to ever going back to doing it alone! :-)
That's what I was thinking. But still not sure about having someone in my space. Anyway, I didn't like the family very much, so I don't plan on enrolling them.
Tags:assistant
Reply Up