Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Crockpot Chicken Soup
Scout 06:49 PM 12-04-2012
Since it is cold & flu season, I thought maybe someone could use this.

5 c chicken broth or bullion cubes
5-6 c water
2-3 lbs boneless chicken breasts(kept whole)...note: this is a lot of chicken
for this recipe. Next time I am cutting it down to just 3-4 breasts.
1 small onion, chopped
2 c carrots, cut up
1 c celery, cut up
2 tsp dry parsley flakes
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp pepper
2 garlic cloves,minced
1 c wide egg noodles. I used 2, could've used more to balance out chicken!

Place all but noodles in slow cooker. Cook on high 4 hours, turn to low until ready to serve. Remove chicken breasts & shred. Place back in crock pot. Add noodles last 1/2 hour of cooking.

This was so easy & really quite good. Will add a little salt next time though too!
LK5kids 02:32 PM 12-09-2012
Yum, yum yummy! I will do this 4 sure!
melilley 07:39 AM 12-10-2012
I am definitely going to make this! I'm hungry now! lol
melilley 08:33 AM 12-10-2012
Originally Posted by Scout:
Since it is cold & flu season, I thought maybe someone could use this.

5 c chicken broth or bullion cubes
5-6 c water
2-3 lbs boneless chicken breasts(kept whole)...note: this is a lot of chicken
for this recipe. Next time I am cutting it down to just 3-4 breasts.
1 small onion, chopped
2 c carrots, cut up
1 c celery, cut up
2 tsp dry parsley flakes
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp pepper
2 garlic cloves,minced
1 c wide egg noodles. I used 2, could've used more to balance out chicken!

Place all but noodles in slow cooker. Cook on high 4 hours, turn to low until ready to serve. Remove chicken breasts & shred. Place back in crock pot. Add noodles last 1/2 hour of cooking.

This was so easy & really quite good. Will add a little salt next time though too!
....I read this post about an hour or so ago and I can't stop thinking about chicken noodle soup!
melilley 06:31 AM 12-12-2012
Ok, I know I keep posting on this thread, but I finally made this soup last night for my family. Let me tell you, you HAVE to make this! Thank you Scout for putting it on here! My husband had 3 bowls and my daughter had 2, and I had like 4, we couldn't stop eating it! I did add potatoes to it-I know, that's a lot of starch, but I put potatoes in just about everything!
Scout 06:23 PM 12-12-2012
Originally Posted by melilley:
Ok, I know I keep posting on this thread, but I finally made this soup last night for my family. Let me tell you, you HAVE to make this! Thank you Scout for putting it on here! My husband had 3 bowls and my daughter had 2, and I had like 4, we couldn't stop eating it! I did add potatoes to it-I know, that's a lot of starch, but I put potatoes in just about everything!
I am glad you liked it! Pinterest is where I get pretty much every recipe now!
CozyHome 07:33 PM 12-12-2012
I LOVE my crockpot and will throw any kind of meat in there with carrots and potatoes and broth and garlic, pepper and herbs and it comes out wonderfully. But great recipes for pulled pork or ribs or lazy day cabbage rolls or lazy day lasagnas are wonderful too.
Scout 04:16 AM 12-13-2012
Originally Posted by CozyHome:
I LOVE my crockpot and will throw any kind of meat in there with carrots and potatoes and broth and garlic, pepper and herbs and it comes out wonderfully. But great recipes for pulled pork or ribs or lazy day cabbage rolls or lazy day lasagnas are wonderful too.
can you post a pulled pork one please? We love the Jack Daniels one but, I would love to try to make our own. Thanks
lovemykidstoo 05:41 AM 12-13-2012
Oh Lord it's only 8:40 in the morning and my mouth is watering!
kitykids3 10:54 AM 12-13-2012
Thanks for sharing! I've been thinking this week of making crockpot soups for the kiddos. I think I will be changing up my menu and starting with this one next week.
kitykids3 05:24 PM 12-20-2012
I made this today and the kiddos gobbled it up! 2nds and 3rds.
Scout 05:54 PM 12-20-2012
Originally Posted by kitykids3:
I made this today and the kiddos gobbled it up! 2nds and 3rds.

Tags:chicken noodle soup, recipe, soup, soup - chicken
Reply Up