Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default May 7, 2011 is...

National Babysitter's Day! I'm not sure many parents will know about it, but this would be a great day for us all to do something special for our own sitters!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Advanced Daycare Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenh171 View Post
National Babysitter's Day! I'm not sure many parents will know about it, but this would be a great day for us all to do something special for our own sitters!
Unfortunately I don't have a sitter unless you count my in-laws & my sister who will babysit for us about 1-2x a year. What I would like to do is figure out an indirect way to point out to DCFs that this is a holiday. Any ideas?!?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Actually it's nothing to do with baby sitters. It's national childcare provider appreciation day. If you don't take it off as a paid holiday you should. It's always the Friday before mothers day. There is a website you can order materials to announce it to parents.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundrymom View Post
Actually it's nothing to do with baby sitters. It's national childcare provider appreciation day. If you don't take it off as a paid holiday you should. It's always the Friday before mothers day. There is a website you can order materials to announce it to parents.
I had never heard of it and saw it on some cheesy website, but it was called "babysitters day". Perhaps they've changed the name in recent years. Good for you if you take the day off! I cannot imagine giving my parent's materials to announce it. In my opinion, it would be completely tasteless...as if asking for a gift or something! Maybe people use the materials to legitimize taking a day off? I have no idea! Anyway, I just thought it would be a nice date to note if you have someone caring for your own children.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 PM
momatheart

Our center actually got a beautiful plant and great yummy treats and coffee brought in by a parent one year. That mom always did extras for us. LOVE PARENTS LIKE THIS!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I had never heard of it and saw it on some cheesy website, but it was called "babysitters day". Perhaps they've changed the name in recent years. Good for you if you take the day off! I cannot imagine giving my parent's materials to announce it. In my opinion, it would be completely tasteless...as if asking for a gift or something! Maybe people use the materials to legitimize taking a day off? I have no idea! Anyway, I just thought it would be a nice date to note if you have someone caring for your own children.
I disagree. I think it's very important to educate parents about something like this. For me Its a paid holiday.
I've been celebrating since 1994 :-) all my parents accept, embrace and celebrate it with me. They know how hard my job is. And they recognize the days importance
http://www.providerappreciationday.org/
Old 02-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Preschool Teacher

I'm no babysitter. I'm a professional....although it would be nice to get babysitting wages!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnn View Post
I'm no babysitter. I'm a professional....although it would be nice to get babysitting wages!
Love this!!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:22 AM
Little People

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundrymom View Post
I disagree. I think it's very important to educate parents about something like this. For me Its a paid holiday.
I've been celebrating since 1994 :-) all my parents accept, embrace and celebrate it with me. They know how hard my job is. And they recognize the days importance
http://www.providerappreciationday.org/
I am going to print this out and post it!! Thanks!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:40 AM

Since I participate with the Food Program and each parent has to do an enrollment form, my food program sends out a newsletter to each family telling parents that National Childcare Provider Appreciation day is on ***xx day. My parents are usually very nice about it....I got a plant, a $10 gift card to Target, a box of gourmet candies and a few cards last year. The food program also sends us a nice gift...last year, we got a ceramic travel coffee cup with the food program logo on it.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:06 AM

In Canada, May 20th is Child Care Appreciation Day. I post the proclamation from the government in my entrance for the month of May. Sadly, it's never been noticed or recognized lol
Old 02-02-2011, 08:43 AM

Last yr. was the first yr. I have ever heard of this date!! It was from someone posting it on here. I placed it on my daycare calendar- that's about it!!

Tags
holiday, national babysitter's day