Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default What Days Off Around Xmas/New Years???

Curious what other DCP's are taking off around the holidays this year since they fall on the weekend.

In my contract I have Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, NY Eve and NY Day all as paid holidays (have 9 pd holidays a year total) and state that I reserve the right to take the Friday or Monday when they fall on the weekend so TECHNICALLY I can take Dec 23rd & 26th and Dec 30th & Jan 2nd if I want/need to but kids here have half day of school on the 23rd so I'm thinking I will stay open that day - maybe close at 3pm?? Wondering about taking the other 3 days though.

What's everyone else's plan? I do not close the entire week between the holidays but think it would be nice to be closed Monday the 26th since we come home late on the 25th and have a giant mess to deal with the next morning, LOL! Not sure who would come on the 26th if I was open but it would probably be one who isn't even working and just wants to go shop or something.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Parent and Provider

I'm closed the entire break, whatever our girls' school schedule is. Parents know way in advance. I tell them 4 of those days are paid holidays anyway. They all plan ahead and figure it out every year.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:00 PM
New Daycare.com Member

I just close December 23rd and December 30th.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:19 PM

No days off during that time.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:06 PM

Monday, December 26th. That's it.

Next year I'm closing for the entire week...
Old 11-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Advanced Daycare Member

December 21 - Jan 2
Old 11-27-2011, 05:21 AM
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer

December 19-30
Old 11-27-2011, 06:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds View Post
Curious what other DCP's are taking off around the holidays this year since they fall on the weekend.

In my contract I have Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, NY Eve and NY Day all as paid holidays (have 9 pd holidays a year total) and state that I reserve the right to take the Friday or Monday when they fall on the weekend so TECHNICALLY I can take Dec 23rd & 26th and Dec 30th & Jan 2nd if I want/need to but kids here have half day of school on the 23rd so I'm thinking I will stay open that day - maybe close at 3pm?? Wondering about taking the other 3 days though.

What's everyone else's plan? I do not close the entire week between the holidays but think it would be nice to be closed Monday the 26th since we come home late on the 25th and have a giant mess to deal with the next morning, LOL! Not sure who would come on the 26th if I was open but it would probably be one who isn't even working and just wants to go shop or something.
Im closed Dec. 23rd and 26th for Christmas Eve and Day
Im closed Dec.30th and Jan.2nd for New Years Eve and Day
Old 11-27-2011, 06:32 AM

Dec 26. Jan 2
Old 11-27-2011, 05:51 PM

yeah I was just noticing I'm not getting off at all during new years. I only do the day after for christmas if it falls on a Sunday or Weekday. I should really switch that to New Years too for the future.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundrymom View Post
Dec 26. Jan 2
I think this is what I'm leaning towards taking. I feel kind of bad taking all 4 days even though I know I am entitled to them.

Tags
days off, holiday, paid holidays