Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nannyde, No More Special!
grandmom 03:36 PM 06-02-2016
I thought it would work. The family has been here almost 2 years and we've had a good relationship.

But they asked for "special" during the summer. I worked it all out and made an offer to accommodate their request. It's been in the works for months.

Guess who came in today with a cancellation of "special". It makes me to just say no.

I immediately thought of Nannyde. Thank you for all your words of wisdom.
laundrymom 03:39 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by grandmom:
I thought it would work. The family has been here almost 2 years and we've had a good relationship.

But they asked for "special" during the summer. I worked it all out and made an offer to accommodate their request. It's been in the works for months.

Guess who came in today with a cancellation of "special". It makes me to just say no.

Rockgirl 04:05 PM 06-02-2016
The wording of the title made me think this thread was going a whole different direction! Lol
nannyde 06:32 PM 06-02-2016
You put a price on special?
CityGarden 09:43 PM 06-02-2016
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
The wording of the title made me think this thread was going a whole different direction! Lol
LOL Me too!
grandmom 02:27 PM 06-03-2016
No, I didn't put a higher price on special.

Sorry for the confusion over the title.

haha
Leigh 11:15 AM 06-06-2016
Originally Posted by grandmom:

Good job! I have a mom on assistance who wanted to bring her kids 3 hours before her work shift started. I gave her the price for extra hours. and she was confused and asked how we could work it out (since, you know, "single mom and all"). I told her she could choose xxx hours for $$$ or xxx hours for $$$ suddenly, keeping her kids with her for that extra 15 hours a week seemed like the right thing to do.
Thriftylady 01:51 PM 06-06-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Good job! I have a mom on assistance who wanted to bring her kids 3 hours before her work shift started. I gave her the price for extra hours. and she was confused and asked how we could work it out (since, you know, "single mom and all"). I told her she could choose xxx hours for $$$ or xxx hours for $$$ suddenly, keeping her kids with her for that extra 15 hours a week seemed like the right thing to do.
Isn't it funny how that happens? Just like my mom that needed to work Memorial day, but then magically didn't when I reminded her it was going to cost her more.
Ariana 05:10 PM 06-06-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Money trumps kids in these parent households
Tags:discount, special discount, summer special
Reply Up