Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If You Go To A DCK's Birthday Party...
SilverSabre25 07:23 PM 02-04-2011
do you bring a gift, and if so, what/how much $$/etc?

The girl in question is one of my favorite dcks, one of my favorite dcfamilies, they've been with me for over a year, and the invitation really took me by surprise! (in a good way!). I really want to go because of the positive relationship we have with the family. I'm thinking maybe a nice book would be a good route to go?

eta: the girl is turning 2
kendallina 07:34 PM 02-04-2011
I would bring a small present ($10-15), but I don't spend a lot on gifts. Or anything for that matter.
QualiTcare 07:41 PM 02-04-2011
i agree with kendallina - 10-15 dollars is good. i personally think it's tacky to go to a party and not bring a gift, but going "all out" isn't necessary either.

i personally don't do books. i know i wanted toys when i was a kid. my daughter just went to a classmate's party and i got a coloring book, crayons, and a littlest pet shop set.
ninosqueridos 03:49 AM 02-05-2011
I keep it under $20. Enjoy the party!
Jewels 04:58 AM 02-05-2011
I would probably do $15-20, at least you can write it off!
AAA713 11:23 AM 02-05-2011
Books are one of the best presents to give, you can't go wrong there. I'd keep it under $20.00 also.
SilverSabre25 04:26 PM 02-05-2011
Thanks, guys! Sticker shock on the price of a nice hardcover children's book--most were $17!!! That's crazy. But I picked out Harold and the Purple Crayon for her.

I knew there was a reason that most of our books are paperbacks...sheesh!
Stacy214 09:53 AM 02-06-2011
I like the book idea! And I always keep it at $15 plus the tax right off lol...And put a nice message in it so she'll always remember you.
lvt77 10:16 AM 02-06-2011
I have always made it a point to go to the DCK bday parties. When I go, I still keep it business. No drinking, no personal stories etc. I mostly do what I do everyday....play with the kids... Give their parents a chance to see my relationship with their child outside of the DC...
I tend to spend more, but only becuase that is just me. I spend $40.00, I live in CA so nothing is cheap. I also write it off.

I usually buy one education item and then buy them a toy or something that was on the birthday wishlist. A lot of the times I buy the little girls a really fancy dress from tjmax for about $25.00 and then a set of books or crayons and books....
Abigail 10:24 AM 02-06-2011
A good book is nice, but I usually get two items like others are mentioning. Does this daycare kid have a birthday wishlist? If so, buy something off of there. If not, you can always find good deals on books (removing the clearance sticker if needed) and another little toy.
Tags:birthday, birthday invitation, party
Reply Up