Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Condiment Write-off
jenidae 10:41 AM 01-18-2011
I just started using the food program this month. Since it appears I don't claim condiments like ranch and ketchup for the food program can I buy bottles exclusively for daycare use and write off the entire cost on my taxes?
Thanks for the help!
KEG123 10:59 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by jenidae:
I just started using the food program this month. Since it appears I don't claim condiments like ranch and ketchup for the food program can I buy bottles exclusively for daycare use and write off the entire cost on my taxes?
Thanks for the help!
Either that, or if your family wants to use it, use your t/s %

I think.
kendallina 01:52 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
Either that, or if your family wants to use it, use your t/s %

I think.
Yup, I think that's right.

I think
TomCopeland 09:26 AM 01-19-2011
If you are using the standard meal allowance rate you can't deduct other food expenses such as condiments. The cost of condiments is included in the rate. Never use your time-space % on the cost of food! Either use the standard meal allowance rate or an actual food expense method. If you are using the actual food expense menu you must keep receipts of all food purchased (business and personal) and estimate your actual food costs. You can do this by buying food separately, calculating your own average cost per business meal, and so on. I list 5 different ways to do this in my Family Child Care Record Keeping Guide.
Abigail 10:23 AM 01-19-2011
Now, if you are going to use the condiments for an activity, then you can claim them as an activity expense. I would want to see a picture of the activity as proof though, LOL. The Recording Keeping book Tom's talking about it very helpful when talking about food expenses.
Tags:condiment, write offs
Reply Up