Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Embarassed :(
godiva83 05:31 AM 11-17-2011
I am pregnant just about 9 weeks and I have been suffering from 'Morning Sickness' something awful among other things! Anyway, this AM a DCD was dropping off his child and when I bent down to greet the child I threw up all over DCD's legs and shoes this triggered his weak gag reflux and he threw up.... I just looked and started to cry and I couldn't stop- he was so upset! I offered to pay his dry cleaning bill, cleaned him up I can't tell if he was mad or not.

This Dad is a very put together guy and you never see a spec of anything on his shoes or suits! They don't know I am pregnant but I am thinking perhaps I will send an email explaining everything??? I just wanted to wait as I am having some issues with my pregnancy and am a high risk for miscarriage.

What should I do? I am just so embarassed
Cat Herder 05:35 AM 11-17-2011
Tell him.

I am so sorry this happened... On the bright side this will be SO FUNNY in 10 years.

I can already picture Diane Keaton playing you in the film.
sharlan 05:38 AM 11-17-2011
I would tell the parents at this point.

Don't feel bad, my dd threw up all over a sheriff at a meeting he was conducting. In grade school, she threw up on 2 different teachers desks.

I really hope your day goes better. HUGS
joysjustlikehome 05:41 AM 11-17-2011
Awww, what a bad day! I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon. I'd tell the Dad and I agree that in a few years you will look back on this and laugh (a little at least). (((hugs))) ~Joy
mismatchedsocks 05:47 AM 11-17-2011
Oh man! I feel your embarrassment, but I think you should explain to this dcd. Just tell him you were not comfortable telling everyone, but wanted him to know since he got the worst part of it.
SilverSabre25 06:09 AM 11-17-2011
oh no! Oh, I can just imagine how you must feel. I had pretty bad M/S during both my pregnancies. I threw up in some pretty inopportune times and places.

I would tell him, let him know so at least he's not at risk for catching your particular ailment and he knows that you aren't for his child while you're sick.

Plus, that might ease the embarrassment a bit.
cheerfuldom 06:28 AM 11-17-2011
definitely tell him.
godiva83 09:06 AM 11-17-2011
Thanks- I want to just hide away lol
I emailed the dad an appology letter and I explained why and what was happening. I also explained due to some personal difficulties with my pregnancy I would rather not share with everyone till I hit the 3 month mark.
Finally I attached a web gift certificate to his cleaners.

He was so understanding- I am so glad I told him the truth, turns out his wife is due a week before I am
Heidi 09:09 AM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by godiva83:
I emailed the dad an appology letter and I explained why and what was happening. I also explained due to some personal difficulties with my pregnancy I would rather not share with everyone till I hit the 3 month mark.

He was so understanding- I am so glad I told him the truth, turns out his wife is due a week before I am
Well, I am glad that worked out in the end!
MarinaVanessa 09:10 AM 11-17-2011

That's great news. And that was very thoughtful of you to offer to pay his dry cleaning bill. Now you can laugh about it AND you get a new DCK!!
Ariana 09:13 AM 11-17-2011
I had to out myself before I was ready too because of morning sickness. I was sooooo sick it was dreadful I'm glad he was understanding and most people are when you tell them you're pregnant.

I hope you start feeling better soon {{hugs}}
Heidi 09:58 AM 11-17-2011
Godiva-

I had morning sickness all day long for part of each pregnancy.

I did find out that taking the prenatals made it alot worse. During my 2nd pregnancy I switched to a chewable children's vitamin, and that was much better. Eating was a challenge when I felt sick, so the taking the prenatals meant I couldn't eat. Not a good trade-off!

Some people also do better if they take their prenatals at night on a full stomache.
godiva83 10:07 AM 11-17-2011
Thanks I hope it doesn't last too much longer! With my first I was sick for 9+ months and ended up gaining so much because all I could stomach was carbs
This time I can't eat -- but my doctor prescribed medication which I am praying will work!
BBO- I hear you on the prenatals, I took flinstones chewables last time this time my doctor said don't worry till 12 weeks and till then just take folic acid
KBCsMommy 10:41 AM 11-17-2011
Im so sorry to hear about your morning sickness...

Im sure the dck father understands after your email. That was very generous of you to pay for the cleaning.

Like some of the other ladies on here I had horrible 10 month morning sickness too! All 3 pregnancies were horrific and I ended being hospitalized with hyperemesis several times throughout all my pregnancies...I should have learned the first time!!

By my third my dr finally prescribed Zofran for my morning sickness. It pretty much did the trick. I was still throwing up every morning and nauseaus all day but it curbed the vomiting allllll day long part.

I hope your new meds help you out and you start to feel better in the next few weeks. Just remember theres a light at the end of the tunnel in 29 weeks!!!
Kaddidle Care 11:16 AM 11-17-2011

Aww good! Now you have something to laugh about in the future. Yawning in technicolor as a duet!

I bet the kids were shocked!

Regarding the pre-natals - I took mine at bedtime. It helped a lot!
AmyLeigh 02:14 PM 11-17-2011
I remember reading a book where the main character was afraid her pregnancy would hurt her career. So she covered up her morning sickness with the excuse she had a hangover. Her coworkers started giving her brochures to AA meetings! Lol!!

Congratulations, btw.
godiva83 06:30 PM 11-17-2011
Lol Amyleigh, that would be so funny, but I doubt it would go over well with the parents!
HeatherJ 08:51 PM 11-17-2011
I am so sorry but I am cracking up at this!!! I know it was humiliating for you, but gosh, it is so funny. That is classic. I feel like I have only seen the "barfing on someone's legs" in movies.

When I was pregnant with my son I would get extremely car sick. I would be driving to work and have to pull over to puke. It happened almost daily during the first trimester. It was like a daily ritual: Get in car, drive for 4 minutes, pull over, stop, open door and barf all over the road, hope nobody saw that, no way I could clean that, shut door, drink water, find some mint-flavored gum, drive to work and pretend that it never happened.
godiva83 05:13 AM 11-18-2011
HeatherJ that was me last time around thankfully I don't need to drive anywhere this time!

The DCD was so nice this morning- he brought such a nice card with a pretty flower arrangement! He said, he could see the embarrassment on my face and it pained him, for something so out of my control. He really surprised me I really thought this was going to go bad
Meyou 05:28 AM 11-18-2011
Awww, that was so sweet of him. I'm glad he took it so well.
Former Teacher 08:29 PM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by HeatherJ:
I am so sorry but I am cracking up at this!!! I know it was humiliating for you, but gosh, it is so funny. That is classic. I feel like I have only seen the "barfing on someone's legs" in movies.
Oh thank God I am not the only one who cracks up EVEN before I go to read this thread again!

I am so sorry Godiva...but I just choke up laughing! Just think when your new little one and this DCD little one are best friends in 20 years...you all will laugh about this
SilverSabre25 09:12 PM 11-18-2011
So glad he understood! What a sweetie to bring you flowers!
Tags:bad day, embarrassing, pregnant
Reply Up