Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Really Quickly Pls...Helper Pay!
frugalmama4 02:42 PM 09-26-2012
Hello All,

I know this has been asked over and over again "I did look through under threads...still need more into put.

I need to hire some one to help "when needed only/on call"

Will work them only for 5hours each time. I'm thinking of a pay scale as follows

1-5hours $30.00 per-day anything over the first 5hours will be paid $6.00 an hour. If this fair for a stay-at-home mom or anyone looking for extra $$$?

Would you work for $6.00 an hour...in a home daycare setting?

I have only 5 kids ages 5mos-4yr...

This person will usually only work Friday's 7:30-12:30pm or 8-1pm "So I can do paperwork etc...

Job duties-this person will resume all of my hands on functions when working "But this will only be once per-week...sometimes twice...so I can run earns.

BTW-this will be under the table for know....I'm looking into a payroll company.

Thanks for any feed back!
daycare 02:44 PM 09-26-2012
what is your state min wage?
frugalmama4 02:56 PM 09-26-2012
7.25 an hour

You think I should offer at least that?

My thinking was since I'm not taking out taxes I offer less in cash?
daycare 02:58 PM 09-26-2012
I would offer at least that..... I am not too sure what your state laws are, but here in CA I have to purchase workers comp for even 1 employee. be sure you don't have to in your state

better to be safe than sorry
frugalmama4 03:07 PM 09-26-2012
Yea my state calls for insurance also, but this person knows off top this is an "under the table deal" I know its frown upon but I gotta do what I gotta do to stay up float.

This will be an on call as needed position... I'm basically paying someone so I can have family time. If I'm able to get the paper work side of daycare done Mon-Fri I won't have to spend my weekends locked in the office.

Thanks for your help!
daycare 03:11 PM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by frugalmama4:
Yea my state calls for insurance also, but this person knows off top this is an "under the table deal" I know its frown upon but I gotta do what I gotta do to stay up float.

This will be an on call as needed position... I'm basically paying someone so I can have family time. If I'm able to get the paper work side of daycare done Mon-Fri I won't have to spend my weekends locked in the office.

Thanks for your help!
trust me when I tell you that I have thought of doing it the way that you are going to and for me personally, I can't risk everything I have to anyone who could sue me for the slightest thing. Not to mention the fines that you will have to pay if you get caught...sorry not trying to tell you what to do or make you feel bad, but this is what I think about when I think about not following the rules....

I really hope that it does work out for you...good luck
frugalmama4 03:16 PM 09-26-2012
Thanks daycare, go looking out!

I have not thought of that, and your right it's a big risk.
I have some praying to do...

Thanks!
daycare 03:19 PM 09-26-2012
I'll pray with you!!!!! I stinks that they make it so difficult for us to run our business...
Tags:assistant, employee, helper
Reply Up