Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Issues at Preschool
DCMomOf3 10:02 AM 10-21-2010
I send my DS (3) to preschool 2x a week and a DCG (3) goes too. They have been "acting like brother and sister" at school and today they were disruptive enough to lose playground privileges. Part of it was not listening, and not following instructions. I dont' want this to continue but my not being there makes it hard for me to know how bad it is. They get at each other here too despite time outs, and a lot of me jumping in. I think DCG annoys DS and he doesn't know how to deal with her. DCG is a few months younger and her understanding is noticably behind his (not that she is behind for a young 3, just not up to him) so she doesn't understand what he says sometimes and that I think is part of the cause of the annoyance. Lately too DCG has been pushing the limits, breaking every rule she knows to see if she will get caught and only gets mad that she is caught, not that she was naughty. DS on the otherhand has been extra energetic and stops listening when he gets a surge of energy. I am having trouble taming him enough to behave when he gets like that.

This comes and goes but it's gotten worse since preschool started. I need help with ways to get them to stop bickering here so they will stop at school. Also to get them to listen when it's neccesary even if they are having 'one of those days'.
DCMomOf3 10:06 AM 10-21-2010
I meant to say "issues at preschool." Can I change the name of the post?
Tags:playground privileges, pre school
Reply Up