Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another PT Question :)
SimpleMom 08:24 AM 11-14-2011
Here's what I have set up-- Now, last time I did this I took half days and based it on hours per week.....noooot going to do that again. Can't afford it.
I have part-time rates based on number of days each week and if the hours go over 40 then it's an additional charge.

Should I take only so many pt families at a time or does it make much of a difference? I'm going to slowly offer the pt to current families after I have enrolled another family to fill in the slots. kinda nervous about doing this again, but might be worth a try.
daycare 09:00 AM 11-14-2011
sorry, I am confused with the way that it is worded...

When I do part time I try to offer the following days so that its easier to fill....
M-W-F or Tue-Th

This way they together they fill up a full time spot
SimpleMom 12:53 PM 11-14-2011
I was going to take mwf/t,th like you do. Then, I was thinking maybe it would be better to just take and fill in the three days per week as they fall and still fill in a whole week's spot.

So if someone cam m-th and someone else was here mwf, then I could fill in a t,th, and a f with another person. We'll see how that goes. I do like the t,th and mwf option, but so many seem to need odd days that it wouldn't work well.
Last time, I took hours per week. So, I was left trying to fill in half days and one full day per week and the whole spot was taken up by a part time. Most need pt here. That's my dilemma.

I'm doing fine with the full-time. I just wanted to offer an option for pt again, cuz I know that half of the families I take care of only need pt and pay ft. Most of them bring their kiddos to the max hours allowed and I really want to encourage parents to keep their kiddos with them if they can. Their kids really miss them and they grow so fast as it is kwim?

I put together rate ideas of 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, 4 day, 5 day and then over x amount of hours it's an additional fee per hour. Leaning toward the minimum of 3 days/week and up.
daycare 01:19 PM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by SimpleMom:
I was going to take mwf/t,th like you do. Then, I was thinking maybe it would be better to just take and fill in the three days per week as they fall and still fill in a whole week's spot.

So if someone cam m-th and someone else was here mwf, then I could fill in a t,th, and a f with another person. We'll see how that goes. I do like the t,th and mwf option, but so many seem to need odd days that it wouldn't work well.
Last time, I took hours per week. So, I was left trying to fill in half days and one full day per week and the whole spot was taken up by a part time. Most need pt here. That's my dilemma.

I'm doing fine with the full-time. I just wanted to offer an option for pt again, cuz I know that half of the families I take care of only need pt and pay ft. Most of them bring their kiddos to the max hours allowed and I really want to encourage parents to keep their kiddos with them if they can. Their kids really miss them and they grow so fast as it is kwim?

I put together rate ideas of 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, 4 day, 5 day and then over x amount of hours it's an additional fee per hour. Leaning toward the minimum of 3 days/week and up.

I think that we all wish this! But there is nothing that we can do or change that will force or encourage a parent to spend more time with their kids. Sad, but true.

I don't allow drop ins right now and I offer two day minimum. So its a flat rate x number of days used.
I charge $50.00 for part time days. so 2 days is 100.00 cant use more than 9.5 hour days.
if they are full time I charge $45.00, and it is the same flat rate for 4 or 5 days.

I also allow part timers if the space allows. Should I have new enrollment requesting a full time spot, I will then tell the part timers that they have to either go full time or give up their spot., I have had to do this twice. One family chose to go full time and the other family was able to change days so that they could keep their spot. This way their spot was shared with another part timer...
SimpleMom 11:32 AM 11-15-2011
How many pt spots do you allow at one time? All of them til ft is filled or just a couple.
I am thinking just a couple of slots to equal 4 pt openings (two or three day slots) To fill in a ft slot. and the rest to be ft only, but we'll see.
I can't charge as much as you do,cuz it's just not the market here. makes it pretty tough, though.
Tags:full time vs part time, part time care, rate - fair and reasonable
Reply Up