Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:23 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Hazard Protection Plan?

Can someone please email me a copy of their hazard protection plan? I created one, but licensing said that it wasn't exactly what they are looking for.. i have called licensing and left tons of messages and havent had a call back, so I figured I would ask here and see if I can compare mine to someone elses and see what I am missing? Thank you

Last edited by Blackcat31; 03-09-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm1225 View Post
Can someone please email me a copy of their hazard protection plan? I created one, but licensing said that it wasn't exactly what they are looking for.. i have called licensing and left tons of messages and havent had a call back, so I figured I would ask here and see if I can compare mine to someone elses and see what I am missing? Thank you?

Not sure what you mean. Would this be the same as an emergency preparedness plan?

Last edited by Blackcat31; 03-09-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:28 PM

Sorry about that - yes, emergency preparedness plan
Old 09-30-2010, 06:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would be interested in seeing one too if anyone wants to post something on this thread.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 AM

Here is the template that licensing for our state has us use as a guideline. I just went through and filled in the appropriate information as it applies to my daycare. Hope this helps.

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/files/di...042-02-eng.pdf
Old 09-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Daycare.com Member

Thank you so much for the link.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Daycare.com Member

Sent it. My rep didn't say that anything was wrong with it in my inspection today, so it should be OK. Good Luck!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:27 AM
KYOUNG

Red face Illinois daycare hazard protection plan

WOULD LIKE TO SEE A COPY OF AN APPROVED ILLINOIS HOME DAYCARE HAZARD PROTECTION PLAN IF ANYONE HAS ONE. i NEED TO SEE THE FORMAT,PLEASE EMAIL ME A COPY @ KYOUNG9496@WOWWAY.COM.

THANKS
Old 03-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Here is what we have for Illinois: www.Daycare.com/illinois/illinois-preparedness-activity-book.pdf
Old 07-05-2011, 09:58 AM
LittleAngelsInc

Smile hazard protection plan

Can someone please email a sample of a hazard protection plan.....searched on line and came up with nothing. Thank you
littleangelsenrichmentcenter@yahoo.com
Old 07-05-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleAngelsInc View Post
Can someone please email a sample of a hazard protection plan.....searched on line and came up with nothing. Thank you
littleangelsenrichmentcenter@yahoo.com
Here is what we have for Illinois: www.Daycare.com/illinois/illinois-preparedness-activity-book.pdf

We have a sample from Virginia here: Daycare.com/forms/emergency-plan.pdf

http://ready.illinois.gov/before/children.htm

Some other threads here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=hazard+plan
Old 10-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Hazard protection plan

I am needing to see a copy of the hazard protection plan that the state of Illinois is needing to become state licensed. Please email me at jnajmom@yahoo.com
Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

I am also needing to see what Illinois needs for the hazard protection plan for the licensing application. please email me at jld521@yahoo.com
Old 04-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

I am also needing to see what Illinois needs for the hazard protection plan for the licensing application. please email me at mrs.lao81@gmail.com thanks
Old 07-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default written hazard plan

Hi, im in the process of opening up a home daycare but need help with the wriiten hazard plan. can someone please email me the written hazard plan? to precey32@yahoo.com. thanks
Old 07-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Talking need help

[quote=Unregistered;218430]I am also needing to see what Illinois needs for the hazard protection plan for the licensing application. please email me at [emailcevans101010@yahoo.com
Old 07-22-2012, 04:03 PM

wish we had a good once for Oklahoma
Acts 13:22
Old 08-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Hazard Protection Plan

Does anyone have a sample of a hazard protection plan for a home daycare in Illinois. Please email me at aimee_martinez@yahoo.com
Thank you
Old 08-13-2012, 08:22 AM
Unregistered

Default written hazard plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daycare View Post
Sent it. My rep didn't say that anything was wrong with it in my inspection today, so it should be OK. Good Luck!
Would you mind sending me a copy of your plan. Im having difficulty writting it too. DCFS needs to have a workshop on creating one I think...LOL. My email is RachelJLEvene@yahoo.com. Thank you so much
Old 09-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Mzleejames

Default hazard plan

Hi, im in the process of opening up a home daycare but need help with the hazard plan.Can someone please email me a sample so i can get a better understanding of what i need to include. (teelee71@comcast.net) Thank you
Old 09-02-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzleejames View Post
Hi, im in the process of opening up a home daycare but need help with the hazard plan.Can someone please email me a sample so i can get a better understanding of what i need to include. (teelee71@comcast.net) Thank you
Check out post #24 in this thread for an example for Illinois: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28951
Old 09-28-2012, 07:59 AM
Unregistered

Default Daycare hazard letter

Hi Im looking for someone to email a copy of their hazard protection letter I have made one and I would just like to tlook at one to make sure I did it right. I did see the examples on here (which were very helpful) Thank You in advance amber.bebej@yahoo.com
Old 06-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Wink starting a home daycare

Hello~
I'm in the process of starting -up a home daycare but need help with the hazard plan.Can someone please email me a copy of an approved ILLINOIS HOME DAYCARE HAZARD PROTECTION PLAN IF ANYONE HAS ONE. I need to see the format.PLEASE EMAIL ME A COPY @charmingchildcare@yahoo.com

THANKS,
Old 06-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Question starting a home daycare

Hello~
I'm in the process of starting -up a home daycare but need help with the hazard plan.Can someone please email me a copy of an approved ILLINOIS HOME DAYCARE HAZARD PROTECTION PLAN for Illinois IF ANYONE HAS ONE. I need to see the format.PLEASE EMAIL ME A COPY @charmingchildcare@yahoo.com

THANKS,
Old 06-07-2013, 03:33 PM

There really is no form for this. You just go through your home and note any potential hazards and how you've addressed them. You have to do inside and outside. I.e., "The stairs leading to the basement present a fall hazard. Falls will be prevented by closing and locking the door to the downstairs during all times children are present." Each plan will be unique to each daycare home.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy starting a home daycare

@My Angel I know there's really no forms because from what I have been told this new however I do believe that someone has a approve copy that others can get an idea or a way to format ........Because I am drawing a blank when it come to this part
Old 06-08-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
@My Angel I know there's really no forms because from what I have been told this new however I do believe that someone has a approve copy that others can get an idea or a way to format ........Because I am drawing a blank when it come to this part
Ok, here you go. I generalized mine up a bit:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hazard Protection Plan.pdf (31.0 KB, 95 views)
Old 06-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Daycare.com Member

Exclamation starting a home daycare

@myangel can you please email me this to me I tried to open it from the site but it won't allow Email:charmingchildcare@yahoo.com
Old 06-08-2013, 09:49 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by charm View Post
@myangel can you please email me this to me I tried to open it from the site but it won't allow Email:charmingchildcare@yahoo.com
Try it now. Your status was still moderated which limited your ability to access certain forum features. It should be ok now.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:00 PM
unregistered

Question hazard protection plan

@my angel I still can't access this can you please emal:charmingchildcare@yahoo.com
Old 06-09-2013, 09:50 PM

I copied it's content for you:

XYZ Daycare
111 Any Street
My Town, IL 66666
EIN: 00-0000000
(123) 456-7890

Hazard Protection Plan

Part 406 Licensing Standards for Daycare Homes Section 406.4(b)

Interior:

• All outlets will be equipped with either outlet plugs or self-closing outlet covers.
• All cleaning products, chemicals, medications and/or other hazardous materials will be stored in cabinets high enough to prevent access by children, on shelves high enough to prevent access by children, or in locked cabinets.
• Access to the basement stairs will be prevented with a door at the top of the stairs.
• Access to the bathroom by younger children will be prevented by keeping the door closed at all times when they are present.

Exterior:

• The traffic on Any Street is a concern, and parents are aware that the children need to be supervised when leaving and entering the daycare home.
• Any use of the backyard by children will be supervised at all times by the caregiver.
• Access to the garage will be prevented by keeping the doors closed and locked at all times.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Daycare.com Member

Smile Home Daycare Hazard plan

I'm at the stage where i need a hazard plan for my home daycare
Can sombody please help me out and email me a sample of a plan
that has past. dgage2122@yahoo.com Thanks in advance
Old 01-28-2014, 10:17 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default How can I post?

would somebody help me with this forum? I just sign in and I got the email but I don't know where to put the activation ID.
Please Help!!!!
e-mail me mapac75@gmail.com
Old 01-29-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cama27 View Post
would somebody help me with this forum? I just sign in and I got the email but I don't know where to put the activation ID.
Please Help!!!!
e-mail me mapac75@gmail.com
You are registered and active. You are free to post.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:57 PM
Daycare.com Member

Exclamation Help with hazardous plan

I'M IN THE FINAL PROCESS OF MY LICENSING I SUBMITTED MY HAZARDOUS PLAN (This is for the state of Illinois)HOWEVER IT WAS RETURN BY MY REP SHE STATED IT NEEDED TO BE OUTLINE CAN SOME PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE HELP WITH THIS CAN SOMEONE SEND ME A COPY OF THEIR HAZARDOUS PLAN @charmingchildcare@yahoo.com .SO I CAN GET AN UNDERSTANDING OF THIS pulling my hair!!!!!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Member Awaiting Status Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by misol View Post
Not sure what you mean. Would this be the same as an emergency preparedness plan?
PLease send me a copy I need help!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:54 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Hazard Protection Plan

I am working on a Hazard Protection Plan for a new home daycare. Can someone please email or help me with it. I am new to this and I am trying to get license. Thank! hugsandkisseshomedaycare@gmail.com
Old 07-14-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs and Kisses View Post
I am working on a Hazard Protection Plan for a new home daycare. Can someone please email or help me with it. I am new to this and I am trying to get license. Thank! hugsandkisseshomedaycare@gmail.com
This is an old thread so the original poster is no longer active on the forum.

I do believe that there is an example of a hazardous protection plan posted as an example a couple of posts prior to yours in this same thread.

Here is the quoted post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I copied it's content for you:

XYZ Daycare
111 Any Street
My Town, IL 66666
EIN: 00-0000000
(123) 456-7890

Hazard Protection Plan

Part 406 Licensing Standards for Daycare Homes Section 406.4(b)

Interior:

• All outlets will be equipped with either outlet plugs or self-closing outlet covers.
• All cleaning products, chemicals, medications and/or other hazardous materials will be stored in cabinets high enough to prevent access by children, on shelves high enough to prevent access by children, or in locked cabinets.
• Access to the basement stairs will be prevented with a door at the top of the stairs.
• Access to the bathroom by younger children will be prevented by keeping the door closed at all times when they are present.

Exterior:

• The traffic on Any Street is a concern, and parents are aware that the children need to be supervised when leaving and entering the daycare home.
• Any use of the backyard by children will be supervised at all times by the caregiver.
• Access to the garage will be prevented by keeping the doors closed and locked at all times.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:45 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Hazard Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncomom1973 View Post
I would be interested in seeing one too if anyone wants to post something on this thread.
Please assist me with providing me an example of a Hazard Plan.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:51 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickacarter View Post
Please assist me with providing me an example of a Hazard Plan.
There is an example right above your post^^

Tags
disaster plan, emergencies, emergency plan, emergency preparedness plan, hazardous protection plan