Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Love It When It Just Clicks With Them!!!
Josiegirl 02:46 PM 02-10-2015
Dcg, just turned 3 yo a couple weeks ago and has had absolutely no desire to use the potty. Dcm was in a hurry, which I kinda understand, but I knew it'd be useless unless she was able to do some of the steps herself. A couple days last week, dcg would go sit on the potty and do nothing, all day long. I'm thinking ugh, what a waste of time but at least she was getting the process down better, learning what to do. Now we just had to start timing it better.
Monday dcm brings her in and said well we tried all weekend long and she only actually went potty once. No problem, we'll work on it. First thing dcg does is uses the potty, and then 5x before lunch. And every single time she peed in it! Woke up dry from nap, and went 3 more x before going home! All day long potty success!!! It simply clicked!! Today she pooped in her pull up and used it during her nap too but otherwise, used the potty again all day.
I'm excited and so darn proud of her!! This is a huge breakthrough for her.

Leigh 03:46 PM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Dcg, just turned 3 yo a couple weeks ago and has had absolutely no desire to use the potty. Dcm was in a hurry, which I kinda understand, but I knew it'd be useless unless she was able to do some of the steps herself. A couple days last week, dcg would go sit on the potty and do nothing, all day long. I'm thinking ugh, what a waste of time but at least she was getting the process down better, learning what to do. Now we just had to start timing it better.
Monday dcm brings her in and said well we tried all weekend long and she only actually went potty once. No problem, we'll work on it. First thing dcg does is uses the potty, and then 5x before lunch. And every single time she peed in it! Woke up dry from nap, and went 3 more x before going home! All day long potty success!!! It simply clicked!! Today she pooped in her pull up and used it during her nap too but otherwise, used the potty again all day.
Proof that the child decides when he or she is ready!
NightOwl 04:17 PM 02-10-2015
I had one do this a few weeks ago also! Easiest potty training EVER. Congrats!
ColorfulSunburst 06:17 PM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Proof that the child decides when he or she is ready!
I don't agree)))
A few month ago I got a 3y.o. boy. He showed no any sign that he is ready. In 3 weeks after his first day here his parents forgot about diapers. A 2.6 y.o. showed no any sign too. Now he is 2.8y.o and he is completely potty trained. Also I have a 2y.o. boy. His BD is tomorrow. He has no accident during the last three weeks here. Even during nap time.
preschoolteacher 08:39 AM 02-11-2015
That's great, but it's a lot of times to go potty. Was that nine times in one day??? That's really a lot. I think she may be taken to the bathroom often at home and do isn't developing a lot of bladder control.
Josiegirl 10:05 AM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by preschoolteacher:
That's great, but it's a lot of times to go potty. Was that nine times in one day??? That's really a lot. I think she may be taken to the bathroom often at home and do isn't developing a lot of bladder control.
I think she will with time though; this is still a novel thing for her. I can already see it slowing down a bit.
Sunshine74 11:02 AM 02-11-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Yes! I went in vacation a few weeks ago, and when I left we had 2 dcgs in underwear, with a few more who were close to being ready. When I got back (I was only gone 4 days) my co-teacher told me everyone is doing awesome on the potty, we are starting underwear with several this week. Two weeks later and we now have 6 potty trained, including one dcg who stayed dry every day but would not use the toilet either!
Tags:3 year old, potty trained
Reply Up