Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pneumonia....
Beach Baby 05:56 PM 05-02-2012
I was supposed to have dcb on Tuesday, but dcd called and said that he was diagnosed with pneumonia on Monday night. Dcd just texted and asked if it was still ok to bring dcb tomorrow. Would you accept him? He's on meds and fever free.
Crazy8 06:28 PM 05-02-2012
find out what his restrictions/limitations are. My best friends daughter just had pneumonia a week ago and she wasn't allowed to play outside for a full week. She went back to school after being on antibiotics for a day or two but had to be kept in for recess. If that isn't something you can accomodate it may be a problem. Now, I'm no medical expert so I'm not sure if that is the norm with pneumonia or not.
Beach Baby 06:37 PM 05-02-2012
Me neither...I'm thinking that he won't be contagious at all since he's on meds. My kids have asthma, so I worry about them catching something...especially when we are finally all well! (knock on wood!)
Sunchimes 07:28 PM 05-02-2012
My 19 mo old dcg just had pneumonia and RSV. Her doctor said to keep her out until she had been on antibiotics for 72 hours. In hindsight, I wish I had asked her to stay out another couple of days. Her nose was running and she had a terrible cough. But, she felt fine--played, was cheerful, no issues at all except for all the leakage. Luckily, she was my only kid for a couple of days and I was able to decontaminate everything before the other kids came back. I'm not sure if the 72 hours was related to pneumonia, RSV, or the combination.
Christian Mother 08:54 AM 05-03-2012
I had walking pneumonia and was told by my doctor i could not be around anyone for 72 hrs. I needed to be confined to bed and rest. Even though dcg is on med's she's going to still need at least 3 days of bed rest and no real physical play. I wld recommend having her out the week.
Ariana 09:07 AM 05-03-2012
My niece just had it and she was out of daycare (a centre) for a week and she's 4!!

I think Id' ask for another day just to be sure since he's so young.
Tags:pneumonia
Reply Up